─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙑

CHAPTER FIVE

( OVERTIME )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   TODAY MARKS DAY four of her overtime. After receiving the bill from her mother's doctor on Monday, Quinn actually had the gall to ask Edith for overtime for the next few weeks. She explained her situation, that she's in desperate need of hours to get in overtime since she's just a grunt I.T. and not salary. As heartless as Edith appears to be she actually found a soft spot for Quinn's situation once she explained it - she even taught her how to lock up the office. A simple code but one that kept most intruders out. She contemplated on getting another job, perhaps something on the weekends that would absorb all her time. 

   Granted The Joggernauts weren't going to be pleased, scratch that, Maddox wasn't going to be pleased but, she didn't care. There were a handful of people she held dear to her and were important enough that she'd care for their judgment and his wasn't one of them. Truth be told, she hadn't really spoken that much to him since their spontaneous "date" (at least that's what Jo liked to call it) last weekend. 

   She debated on disbanding from The Joggernauts to focus more of her time on her work, but she hasn't officially made that decision yet. She's testing the waters right now, if her check came back slightly higher then she would definitely quit running for fun and spend all her livelihood at work. No matter how sad it sounded. She had a responsibility, she had no obligation to keep anything except that. 

   "Ow," she groaned to herself as felt a tiny shock in her index finger. Absentmindedly she placed the tip of her finger in her mouth to try to dull the pain. The communicator was giving her more hassle than what she thought it would, but it also came in half broken. Instead of getting a new communicator the agent submitted the half broken device, claiming that this piece has been with him for years and he'd hate to see it just tossed away when he knows there's some good use to it. Edith had forwarded the email on to her and placed it in a bin for her to take a look at. It would keep her busy for most of the night, that's for sure. 

   Most of the department has headed home for the night, including Edith, only three remained including herself. A rubber thimble-like piece was tossed over the edge of her cubby, she peered up to see Dustin looking down at her. "Rubber deflects electricity. You won't get shocked - as much," he informs her. She replies with a thank you and a smile as she places the cover over her index finger. 

   She begins tapping at the wires again, hoping to hear some form of static through the earpiece but she gets nothing. She lets out a huff of air, in frustration. She's been working on this piece for hours. "Who's it for?" Dustin questions, his voice muffled from behind the divider of the cubby. Quinn stops working with the wires for a moment trying to process who he was talking to until she realizes that it must be her. "Agent Barton," she replies, continuing to fickle with the earpiece now.