─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙄𝙓

CHAPTER NINE

( T.K.O )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   THE WOODEN FLOORBOARDS creaked underneath the weight of Quinn's feet as she walked through the hallway, leather jacket still slung around her shoulders. She let out a deep yawn as shuffled her way to her room.

   Before she entered she looked at Jo's door, shut tightly as it had been since yesterday. She wondered if Jo was even home still. She hadn't gotten a word out of her since their argument on Saturday. She let out a sigh before dropping her dignity and making her way towards the door.

   She stood outside, ready to knock, but hesitated as she thought of the correct words to say to her. She had royally messed up with trying to convince her to work when she didn't want to; although they did need the money. Jo wasn't a child, she was an adult who could make her own decisions and Quinn shouldn't rely on her all the time.

   Before she could even knock on the door, it swung open to reveal an unfamiliar face. The man jumped in surprise at her presence, as did Quinn. Instinctively, and relying on pure impulse, she rears her fist back and it connects with the strange man's face before he can even process what is happening.

   As he lands on his face she notices the peculiar lack of clothes on his body, causing her brows to raise in surprise as she gawks at his backside. She hears a shout from within the room, then a half-nude Jo approaches the man's unconscious body, crouching beside him. Quinn quickly makes the connection, taking an involuntarily step backward as Jo looks up at her with confused yet frightened eyes.

   "What is wrong with you?" she shouts as she begins feeling the man's neck for a pulse. Quinn swoops down, lifting one shoulder of the man and flipping him over to his back, before propping him up against the wall. She averts her eyes as Jo covers up his nude. "Well, now what am I supposed to do to?" Jo asks in exasperation, caressing the man's face endearingly.

   "For starters, I think we should address the fact that he's not dead," Quinn suggests, biting down on her thumb as she looks at the bright red mark resting on the man's chin. Jo, in turn, glares up at her roommate. Quinn was sure she hated her now.

   "What the hell is your problem?" Jo spits out angrily, causing Quinn to take another step back. "You can't just go around throwing blows like that? He's in such terrible shape, you're basically a cop. You could've killed him!" she shouts.

   Quinn raises her hands up in surrender, jacket squeaking along with her. "That's an exaggeration. Also, it's one thirty; I was coming to apologize for how I've been acting, and a strange man comes out of nowhere. A reasonable person who's scared would have done the same," she tries to defend herself.