─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

( BLAST FROM THE PAST )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   QUINN'S EYES BURN as they strain to watch the video on the small screen of her phone. Usually, she'd watch videos on her computer but, S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't too fond of opening up web browsers and letting in potential hackers.

   She peers out of the corner of her eye at Steve who is yawning already. The video wasn't the best, and it wasn't the shortest or the greatest topic. She watches as he scribbles stuff down in his tiny black notebook, an item that he seemed to be overly fond of.

   He notices her looking over at him and he gives her a small smile before returning his attention back to the video. She can't help but get riles up as she thinks of Maddox's words from their time that they spent at the Smithsonian.

   Steve had a good heart, he was rational, he cared about others, she couldn't imagine letting a 'football player' - as Maddox had put it - come in here every night to learn about things that happened in the past. Nor would she think a football player like super soldier would even want to, especially since they wouldn't have the patience to do so.

   "Learning anything?" she questions Steve as she returns to working on the code she was working on. He hums in response, looking down at his notes. "Just about Watergate. It's interesting," he answers, trying his best not to sound too bored but fails.

   She leans back and presses pause on the video, causing him to let out a soft sigh of relief. She turns towards him to look directly into his eyes, her lips pressed into a thin line as she tries to phrase what's on her mind. "I went to the Smithsonian this weekend with my roommate and her boyfriend and another guy," she states, leaning on her elbow.

   His brows raise at her statement, he nods in acknowledgment not knowing where this is leading. "I went through your exhibit," A chuckle ripples out of him. "Oh yeah?" he questions, watching her nod her head. "I learned a lot about you. Have you gone?"

"Not yet," he informs her. "Haven't had the chance to,"

   "It's nice," she replies, awkwardly shifting her eyes to the floor. She doesn't know how to approach the subject that she wants to bring up, she doesn't know if she even should. "Is everything all right?" he asks her, concern flashing across his face.

   Quinn shakes her head to snap out of it, returning his gaze with a smile. "Yeah I just, I learned so much about you, I feel like I know you better. I know it's public information but I feel like I need to tell you about myself. To deepen this student-teacher friendship we have to like friend friends," she admits, biting her lip as she listens to him chuckle again.

   "Friend friends?" he repeats for clarification. "Quinn, all that information is public, if you wanted to know you could've asked or you could've gone to the Smithsonian. You just had to ask,"