─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

( THE WINTER SOLDIER )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

BLAIR'S EYES STAY glued on the highway in front of her. Sitting in the middle seat gave her the full advantage of being the backseat driver, however, it did come with it's cons.

Being on the run for a couple of days now, Blair has encountered more than what she had signed up for. A never ending road trip to New Jersey (yuck). Getting buried underneath the remains of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s first official base after finding out S.H.I.E.L.D. had been infiltrated by Hydra - a group that she thought was extinct. Crashing at a random persons house, he calls himself Sam - allegedly he and Steve were friends outside of work. Hijacking an army base for some bionic wings for random guy. And threatening S.H.I.E.L.D. authority - Jasper Sitwell. All to land in the backseat of a Chevy Malibu, driving towards a Hydra compromised S.H.I.E.L.D.

As if the past few days haven't been rough enough. "Can you not ride this guy's ass?" Blair's tone is mildly annoyed as she comments on Sam's driving. His hands grip the steering wheel harder as if he was trying to refrain from snapping back at her. "Blair," Steve warns in his mission tone - a term that Blair had coined as cold, hard, and authoritative. She smirks up at him, giving him a fake salute while rolling her eyes afterwards. She didn't want to be in this situation, she would much rather be off on her own like Quinn.

However, this was the fastest way to finding the alleged Winter Soldier that Natasha had informed her had killed Fury. Hopefully it was the same Winter Soldier who had once paid her family a visit. She shakes her head trying her best to clear her thoughts of her last. She couldn't let it get to her now. She was renown for not showing any remorse and staying completely emotionless when it came to her mission. Whether she liked it or no this was a mission.

A fast motion from the corner of her eye distracts her, almost beckoning for her attention. It's Sitwell. He keeps whipping his head from side to side, looking out of each window at the cars passing by. Whether he's looking out for danger or trying to flag down an innocent bystander to help him is unknown. Her hand instantly finds itself gripping firmly around his kneecap, causing him to squeak in pain as her nails dig into the fabric of his pants leg.

"What are you looking at, Sitwell?" she questions, her voice calm and cool. She doesn't even break eye contact from looking out the front window as Sitwell writhes in pain from the irritating sensation. When he doesn't answer promptly, her finger nails dig further in, causing him to thrash around in the backseat. Her grip doesn't let up until Steve commands her to stop in a threatening tone.

Annoyed, Blair rips her hand away from Sitwell, eyes scanning the infamous captain. "He keeps looking into other cars, he could be drawing their attention," she explains her actions. Sitwell let's out a groan before wryly laughing. Sweat beads off his shiny forehead as he glares at the agent.