─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙄𝙄

CHAPTER TWELVE

( THE DATE )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   THE PIN THAT Jo was using to clip in a stray strand of blonde hair on Quinn's head poked and prodded it's way across her scalp, a whimper of pain leaving Quinn's lips with a hushing sound coming from Jo in response. "Honestly, you should be thanking me," Jo informs her, as she sprays hair spray onto Quinn's head. "I have your hair looking fab - beautiful if you will. If I wasn't around, you would've gone on your date in a ponytail or with your hair down."

   "What's wrong with that?" Quinn questions defensively. Wearing her hair down or in a ponytail were her main choices of doing her hair, she didn't have time to dabble in making herself look good like Jo did. "Nothing," Jo replies, eyeing her hairline from the front. "Just a little dull," she shrugs as she begins toying with the front part of her hair. 

   Quinn frowns as Jo continues to tinker with her hair. She didn't have to go on this date, but she was doing Jo a solid and here she was insulting her. She watches Jo as she sticks her tongue out of the side of her mouth in concentration like a child. "There!" Jo announces while clapping her hands and standing upright. "I am a beauty genius. I should just become a stylist and leave my barista days behind," she flatters herself, earning a groan from Quinn as she stands up from her bed to look in the floor length mirror. 

   To her surprise, Jo hasn't sabotaged her looks at all. Her hair is in a braided up-do and her bangs a softly swept off to the side to frame her face. The makeup she had done herself complimented her hair and outfit pretty well for a day time date. She nods her head, as she scopes herself out in the mirror. "Not bad, Kapplin," Quinn compliments with a smile as Jo stands behind her with a beaming smile. 

   The front door rings which surprise both of them, Rudolph is up and barking from the living room. She can hear Josh telling Rudolph to stop barking before he calls out to Jo. "That's your man," Jo announces with a wink. Something about the phrase made Quinn start to feel anxious about the whole date, even though she technically didn't classify it as a date. "I'll be right back," Jo informs her, earning an absentminded nod from Quinn. "You're my proudest work," Jo says as she turns to exit the room. 

   The light in the room seems to illuminate her stature as she looks at herself nervously in the mirror. There's an underlying pit of anxiety and nervousness working its way throughout her body. She bites down on her lip and curses herself for feeling this way. She's been like this since she was a child. How could she not be when she was delivered the news about her brother? 

   She hears muffles of voices coming from the living room now, Rudolph going mad with whining. No doubt Maddox had finally entered the loft. She takes a deep breath as she looks at herself in the mirror once again. She reminds herself that she can do this, it's not even a date. She chants this mantra in her head as she turns to exit out into the living area.