─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙑𝙄

CHAPTER SIX

( BASIC KNOWLEDGE )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   ONCE AGAIN QUINN gives herself the reward of sleeping in for the second Saturday in a row. She wakes up in time to see her clock turn to eight hundred. She takes in a deep yawn before rousing herself out of her comfortable bed.

   As she walks out into the living room, she rests her eyes on Jo who is sleeping on the couch in a black cocktail dress, her shoes still clutched in her hand. When Quinn had arrived home last night at twenty-four hundred she had noticed the absence of her roommate, which meant she had the great pleasure of taking Rudolph outside in the middle of the night despite her yearning for sleep.

   Quinn crosses over to her and taps her shoulder. No response. Quinn shakes her shoulder until she groans and wakes up bug-eyed, looking around the living room and wondering what happened. "Don't you have to work today?" Quinn questions furrowing her brows as she continues to look down at her exhausted and hungover roommate.

   Jo squints her azure colored eyes as if she's scraping the back of her mind to remember if she actually had a shift or not. She groans in frustration once she realizes she does, causing Quinn to give her a tight-lipped smile. However, instead of waking up like Quinn thought she would, Jo face plants back down on the couch, breathing in heavily.

   "'m just call off..." she muffles out from the cushion of the couch. Her roommate, in turn, gives her a stern look; for anyone else, they would've had to have her repeat what she just stated but Quinn has played this game for years with her and has finally been able to get it down. "Absolutely not," she tells her.

   Jo whips her head out from the cushion to look at Quinn, the audacity in her eyes means she was right about what she was saying. "If I can work overtime all week and still be able to wake up in time for The Joggernauts, you can go to work after a night of partying,"

"I can't. I'm not strong like you are," Jo whines in protest, trying her best to suck up to her.

   "My sweet barista," Quinn's voice is sweet as if she were talking to Rudolph. "You need to get up to go to work. You're twenty-seven, we have bills to pay." Quinn pats her back several times, before standing up and heading into the kitchen.

   Trying to cope with a hungover Jo was like trying to steer a herd of cats into something. It usually ended up with Quinn being right about something and Jo feeling immensely guilty for the things she said to her. Although, Quinn didn't take most of it to heart, or at least tried not to. When Jo was tired she was a completely different person, not the roommate she adored.