─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙇𝙑𝙄

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

( HOW TO STEAL A CAR )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

STEP TWO: STEAL.

   Quinn looked at Rome with a dazed look in her eyes. Here they were celebrating that they had escaped from a government building and he was hitting her with logic she couldn't think of at the moment. She blinks a couple of times. Maybe she had a concussion from that fall. It takes her a few moments to come to the realization that Rome had asked her a genuine question of their plan. "Linnea can hotwire a car," she blurts out, quickly wishing she had swallowed her words until they had gotten further into the woods for shelter. Being this close to the perimeter fence of Quantico's training base made her feel uneasy. She couldn't be the only one that felt this way. 

   However, it didn't seem to bother Rome, who could literally turn them in at any time. Although he'd probably be in trouble as well now, after helping them steal from a weapons vault, evade detection from the patrol, and hop the fence. Rome blankly stares at her then turns his attention to Linnea as if she were lying. There was no way she could hotwire a car. Linnea crosses her arms across her chest and returns the judgmental gaze as if he were beneath her. "I had strict parents," she simply shrugs. With one swift move, she flips in the opposite direction, heading towards the woods that surrounded the academy. 

   Rome's face deadpans as he continues to look at her. Something didn't sit well with him. "In Sweden?" he judges, earning a scoff from Linnea as she begins to trek through the woods. He notices that the others have followed her lead, each beginning to take haphazard steps through the muddy terrain, trying not to break their ankles over the overgrown roots of the trees. He looks over his shoulder at the academy once more, surveying it as if it were the last time he'd see it. Something that provided him with an opportunity of a lifetime, something that provided him security - not only living wise but education and a future job. He knew at anytime he could turn back, act as if he was just slacking off on post, have everything go back to normal like how things were before Quinn showed up. But he wouldn't be able to sleep knowing someone's life was in peril. 

With a hefty sigh, Rome turns around, following the group into the woods.

   Quinn hisses as she stumbles blindly into the dark area. Nothing like going for a midnight stroll in the woods, where everything could kill someone if it wanted to. Her main concern was not falling and breaking her neck on the roots beneath her. Each time she stumbled over one, it caused a new sensation of pain in her ankles. She was glad to see that she wasn't the only one struggling. When she shined her light towards Lena she was taking baby steps around each root to try not to trip. 

   The only person who seemed to be excelling with the trek was Rome. It's like he knew where each root was and proceeded to walk on top of it like it was nothing. Sadly, this was something she couldn't do that Rome could. She would've fallen in an instant. "So what's the plan?" Rome questions, sounding out of breath. Maybe he was actually struggling as well. She smiled as she heard the strained puff in his voice. None of them were good at something like this.