─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙇𝙄𝙓

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

( MADE FOR THIS )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

   THE PILLOW WRAPPED around her head dulls the sound of life coming from the street, and blocked out the brightness of the day even though the sun had whisked its way behind an overcast of clouds. She had forgotten how loud New York was compared to the academy. However, it did have its perks. For one she was still laying in bed, and it was well past when she was forced to wake up at the academy. There was no rush to do anything like take a shower and quickly eat before scurrying off to class. It was just herself and her thoughts. 

   Yes, even though she managed to stumble home at oh seven hundred this morning, and peeled off her uniform to lay in her skivvies, she hadn't slept a wink. She had tried. Desperately. But her mind wouldn't let her. It just kept racing off in millions of different directions with endless amounts of questions pertaining to the same four aspects. What happened to Rome, Lena, and Linnea when they got back to the academy, no doubt they were there now? Could Blair really be trusted in finding Steve's friend even though they had a past? What does Steve think of her now for disobeying direct orders from the academy and him?

   And finally, what was she going to do for her mother without an income?

   That was her most important question. She could care less what Steve thought of her or if Blair killed Bucky, her mother was what was on her mind. If she couldn't afford the proper treatment, she would surely suffer until the end of her life and that would be sooner rather than later, like she had planned. At least, she kept her promise to her mother, she wouldn't be in danger. She'd just be working two retail jobs, or an IT job somewhere other than Manhattan. Sure she could make great money with the IT gig but she never found it fulfilling and it sure as hell wouldn't be like S.H.I.E.L.D.'s IT. There were too many people without the brains to simply turn on the computer. She'd end up hating herself or wanting to blow her head off.

   As for her relationship with Steve, well she wouldn't blame him if he broke things off with her. She couldn't remember who she was when she met him but it sure wasn't who she is now. She's defiant, she questions everything, she's not afraid to fight back. It pails in comparison with her more innocent life back in D.C., where the riskiest thing she could do was indulge herself in Jo's ice cream pity parties whenever she got dumped. She grumbles to herself as she hugs the pillow tighter around her head, her body sinking further beneath the comforter as she reminded herself that she needed to get some rest.

   She had managed to just begin to drift off to sleep when she heard a tapping at the door. She didn't answer, she didn't have the energy to answer. Instead, she groans out groggily, hoping to get just a few more minutes of sleep as she begins to drift away again. Suddenly, the door flings open, colliding with the wall with a bang. The sound alone is enough to jump her awake. She jolts up from underneath the covers, clutching onto her chest to calm her heart which was beating at an alarmingly fast pace. Frightened, her gaze is met by Robin's who dressed in warm, flannel pajamas, her hair messy as if she had just woken up, and a metal baseball bat clutched in her hand. Quinn instinctively puts her arms up to block her body from any blows as Robin lets out a slew of curses and threats. She peers at who she thinks may be the home invader before it finally clicked in her head. Quinn was home.