─── ∙ ⋆★ 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙓𝙇𝙑𝙄𝙄

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

( ROAD TRIP )

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

════ ⋆✪⋆ ════

STEP THREE: DRIVE.

   The lights of the small, government-driven town of Quantico seemed to fade away into the distance, swallowed by the darkness. The car was chilled by the air conditioning, along with the sudden realization of no going back that was starting to settle amongst the group. It fully enveloped Rome, who had become startlingly quiet ever since they merged on to the highway. However, in a way, Quinn seemed almost elated to be headed back towards New York. New York brought her comfort. To know she was surrounded by people who loved her like Robin and her mother and to be in the same vicinity as Steve made her heart skip in delight. She was the only one who wasn't showing any remorse for leaving the academy behind. 

   It took Linnea clearing her throat to bring her back to the real world. Their eyes collided in the rearview mirror. "How do I know where to go?" Linnea questioned uneasily, gripping the steering wheel tightly. She was extremely tense from being labeled as a defector. Quinn licked her lips, "Just drive North for twenty minutes and then pull over at the first gas station you see. We'll pick up a map there." Quinn directs her, trying to sound confident as she took initiative to place herself in the leader role. She ensured it by elevating her voice to carry out throughout the SUV so that everyone was on the same page and she wouldn't have to keep repeating herself, and if they were taught anything from the academy it was to follow direct orders from the leader. 

   "Or we could just use his phone." Lena nonchalantly states, picking up a golden iPhone from the center console. The screen illuminated showing a massive crack down the middle of the screen - it had seen its day. "Ugh, why'd he leave it in his car?" Quinn scoffs as she looks at the dirty screen. "We can't use it. If anything we need to get rid of it since he can track our whereabouts." she huffs out, leaning back into her seat with her arms crossed as if she were throwing a tantrum. Another hiccup in their plan is just what they needed. "You sure it's got a tracker on it?" Lena asks, examining the device in her hands before twirling it between her fingers. "It's an iPhone it literally has an app called 'find my phone'. Trust me, I worked at Apple." she answers in a frustrated tone. 

   Lena purses her lips, nodding her head as she took in the information. Her finger lingers over the button to her window, slowly rolling it down and letting the wind roar throughout the truck, whipping her hair around. The rumbling of the wind against the car engulfed the stagnant air throughout the vehicle, catching both Rome and Quinn's attention as they looked on to Lena. Very casually, Lena took the phone within her hands and tosses it out the window carefree before rolling the window back up. As she looks into the backseat she can see Rome sitting behind her with his mouth slightly agape and a sour expression pressed on his face, while Quinn didn't seem phased by the action. Lena perks a questioning brow up at Quinn, who always seemed to be the worrywart. "I'm not even surprised anymore," is all Quinn can muster out, gripping her arms tighter.