chapter thirty one

Kamaria's POV

"Beep....Beep....Beep" that was the first thing I heard as I woke up, I was having a terrible headache, I opened my eyes and immediately covered them with my hands groaning, it was so bright.
I opened my eyes again adjusting them to the brightness, I looked around and saw that I was in a hospital room, I turned to my right and saw a heart monitor, my throat was hurting so bad then I remembered what happened earlier, I started crying, I was still alive, I was still breathing,
" Kamaria you're awake!!" I turned to my left and saw my grandma getting up from a chair and came to hug me tight she started crying too,
" I'm so happy your awake finally, I know you are a strong girl, you never back down until you say so" she said caressing my cheek with her shaky hand, I hugged her tighter before letting her go.
She brought water and I drank it all not leaving a drop. Grandma was staring at me full of pride,
"I came home and saw blood, I knew it was not yours, I called the police immediately, I never told you this but that man he's a mafia leader, since when he went hiding, the police and investigators has been looking for him for a long time, that was the only change I had so I used it to call the police, they were going to get him once and for all." I was not even listening to what she was saying after she said he was a mafia leader, that's why he was so rich, did my mom know and kept quiet about it?, I don't even know who I even lived with anymore.
I stared blankly at my grandma,
"Please can you stop?" She got quite,
"I'm sorry Kamaria, I know is a lot to take in, just rest for now we can talk later, she came and hugged me while I cried on her, she kissed my cheeks before leaving the room.

It has been a week now, I was in my room listening to music and crying my eyes out as then grandma came into my room and stopped the music, I raised a brow at her, she had a serious face on,
" Kamaria it's been a week since we got back from the hospital and you never came out of this room not to talk about getting up from your bed, you only do when you need to take a shower, do your morning routine and to use the restroom, what is it all about?, I'm so done seeing you all depressed, I know it really hurts but think of the present, I've thought you how to become a strong woman in front of this kind of situations all this year's you have been here, I'll never allow my blood one's become weak people, you are so much different than the others so you better get your ass up and face your fears, I know you have a lot to tell me, I'm here for you, I'll not be here physically forever but I'll protect you always, but remember my daughter, don't ever put your head down, your crown might fall off" then she left my room.

Those where the words that was ringing in my head all the time.
Ever since my grandma came to my room that day I decided I was not going to be a week girl anymore, I want to be strong like all my family is, like my grandma, like my mom, I miss her a lot but I don't want it to affect me I've been depressed for a long time now and I don't want to be like this anymore.
Ever since then I would mediate, listen to music, do workout, read a lot of books, take care of my self physically, go to the gym and learn how to cook Italian food, I've been getting my life together.
Then came kalisha and became my best friend, I made a lot of vows but with her was different, she was the one I trusted the more with my grandma too, we all became inseparable, I lived my life with her she was my rock.

Grandma with passing of the time became weak,everyday she would tell us stories of her past, prepared us for the future with her words, kalisha never left my side, she was always there for me.
Grandma made us promise her that when she's gone we would not cry because it was her time, we prepared our selves mentally for that time to come, she told us to be happy and not be sad, she said that she was not dying because she was sick but because she was old and she could no longer hold on again because she was too weak. She lived her remaining months happy because she was satisfied with the accomplishments she made in her days till now.

I came back from the groceries store with kalisha, we entered the house and immediately knew that something was not right, we looked at each other knowing what was happening, we dropped all the bags on the floor and ran to grandma's room, she was on her bed, she was breathing so slowly and weakly, we knew that it was time, it took everything in me not to cry, I went close to her holding her hands, she looked at me then smiled,
" I was waiting for you girls to come back, I'm really tired and I would really like to sleep but I waited for you two to get here, I want you girls to never leave each other side's, I want you to be with each other in your crisis, you ups and downs, I want you two always rise and slay every single day, show the people out there that you are different and show them who's boss," kalisha was kneeling beside me hugging me while laughing at what grandma said as tears ran down her cheeks,
" we love you grandma and will always do, we'll miss you, thank you for being there for me since I was little, you open my eyes In so many ways, you gave me strength when I had none and I'll always be grateful for everything, thank you for showing me love when nobody did, you did so great in your life and I want to be like you when I get older, you'll always be in my heat". I was sobbing as I said this to grandma, kalisha hugged me tight and cried placing her hands on top of mine as I held grandma.
" grandma I don't even know how to thank you, the impact you place in me is so much and strong, I've learned a lot of things, how to think in so short time being here, I'm grateful and lucky I have you too in my life, I'll miss you and my family we'll do as well and I love you too, me and Kamaria we'll always stick together, we'll never back down no matter what". After kalisha was done taking, grandma smiled and said,
" remember what I thought you, don't ever put your head down, your crown might fall off" we,all said it together then she closed her eyes, my heart was beating so fast, tears were streaming down my eyes, kalisha hugged me as we got up, I kissed her hand and left the room.
I called the ambulance, I dried up my tears and kali did too, we promised her not to cry but in that moment it was really hard for us but we did.
Then they came and took her away.

Days past as we arranged the house and the things of grandma, we organised the funeral and everything.

people came in and out of the house on her funeral day, hugging and saying their condolences.
Months later was my graduation, we celebrated, we smiled all day still remembering my grandma and decided to visit her grave.
Time past as we got ready to leave the house, I decided to go to LA for college just as Kali did and I hope I would never regret it.

The day came, we packed our luggage's and headed to the airport, we sat down waiting for our flight till it was announced that we were ready to board, I breath in the last air in this place, I would miss of this country(Italy). We then entered the airplane.

(End of flashback)