03

Two things. Number one: spoilers. So that no one can say he/she didn't know. Spoiler! Number two. Whoever liked Jyn so far or maybe had already learned to hate her by the end of band 01, no matter what, you will learn to hate her now. I just want to say it once before. Many don't like it when the main character is 'obnoxious', so I say this in advance. Nevertheless I am happy if you will be there and every thought, gladly in the comments.
----------------------

You don't fear death,
you greet him.
Why?

It's the cycle of life. One dies earlier, the other later. It is the one thing that could never be changed. It is not a race, because death will always come out victorious. You can run away, but death hides you, always finds you, especially since it does not have to look for you, because it knows where you are at all times. It is said that in the resurrection the dead come back to life and the living believe that they will never die.

"I was young, stupid and naive," with thoughts of a certain day so far back that it could have come from a completely different life, Jyn sat on the porch and looked close to the Titan at the field that stood at the foot of the first steps, "That I would ever say those words. Amazing. Nothing in life happens without reason. I never believed in fate, but it had a reason why I was bleeding all the time after the fight with my brother. I was advised to have an MRI to be sure that there were no worse causes, but, as I was, what would it do me? So the aneurysm I had was not worth mentioning. What this had should be clear."

"The will to survive," Thanos said, but Jyn's gaze became pitiful, as it was easy to see from him that every reaction leads to a counter-reaction and that our actions, not without consequences, "The universe and fate go hand in hand. You, too, have been given a task and now have to fulfill it as I had one. One would think that you would now feel a form of justice with what has happened to me, because we have never been the same view of my actions and yet, I see sadly, in your face."

"I never wanted this to happen. My words were not meant for you to destroy the stones and half kill yourself with them," Jyn replied weakly, pulling her face while she looked at Thanos, "Tell me what I can do, despite that I am hardly in a position to help you. The stones triggered something yesterday, but I can't say to what extent that happened. Whatever I felt, it didn't feel good."

In the coming days Jyn would stay here in the 'garden' because it was not obvious what the event of yesterday had.

Suddenly Jyn woke up, drove up without thinking, ran across the field that Thanos had laid out and saw a jet standing in the corner of his eye. Voices could be heard, angry voices, and Thor Thanos cut off his head at the very moment she entered the hut.

"No," Jyn shouted but it was too late, for the Titan's head was already rolling over the floor, blood splashed on Nebula's clothes, and near the head lay the severed hand in the glove, "Wa... no... Wh-why? Why did you kill him?"

"What... you do..... Why are you here", Natasha stuttered weakly with wet eyes and watched as Jyn approached her head, slightly trembling, "How.... I don't understand that..."

But Jyn didn't answer the white-haired man, instead she just walked past the group of eight with tears in her eyes between Thano's body and his head on her knees. Rest in peace. Trembling, she stretched out her right hand to her head, hesitantly placed it on the Titan's head and closed her eyes. Nothing of the sort, and certainly not this end, had been in Jyn's mind.

Next to her, Nebula now went to the ground, whereby Jyn looked over to the blue woman, who said goodbye to her foster father, no matter what he might have done to her. A last act of respect and time gone by. But the scenery was wrong. Actually, Nebula was supposed to be the one who had to struggle with the frame and not Jyn, because after all, she had been the Titan's daughter and years at his side.

Unexpectedly facing the group, Jyn stood up; on the way out, once turned his hand inside himself and threw one of Maw's needles at Thor, which found its way straight into his shoulder.

"Was that really necessary," Jyn shouted after the god of thunder, who turned darkly to her, trying to pull out the needles, which didn't work, "What did it get you? What has happened has happened. It is to accept. It was over and he..."

"We thought we could undo it", with this voice, Jyn turned around slowly, several of the needles appeared next to her and pointed with the tip directly at Rogers, "

"With you someone always dies when you are about to do something good", after the despicable snort, Jyn breathed in deeply and looked at the group nodding while exhaling, "You never understood it, did you? I bet you didn't even try."

"But you did?" asked Thor, who had approached Jyn very closely and was still busy getting the thirty centimetre long cutlery out, "He murdered and now wiped out half the population. Billions of beings. What is there not to understand about it?"

"I have never said that I approve of his path, because I never did and yet I have not tried to reverse it or even kill him. Events, no matter how painful they may be, are to be accepted. It is part of life. Life consists of pain," Jyn replied coolly, which all of those present here should know, "I have already understood his reason for all his deeds, on the other hand. None of us has been asked if we want life at all and yet we have to accept it no matter what may come. I ask you, each one of you, whether he or she has always gone the right way? Without losses, mind you."

"He is dead," Thor said nothing more and turned away from her, yet one last sentence on his part followed, "That is all that matters."

"And that makes you no better than him.", with these words the needle disappeared into Thor's shoulder and Jyn turned to the group standing in front of Thano's hut, "I hope you feel great now that he's dead."

"Are you staying here or are you coming back to Earth with us," Nebula asked to Jyn's surprise all of a sudden.

"It took a minute until Jyn looked at Nebula with a faint nod and tried to win a smile, which didn't really work out.

In the midst of the vast field, Jyn stopped, squatted where she looked through the shoots and pulled one of the smaller plants out of the ground to return to the group. When the first ones like Rogers, Bruce, Rocket or Rhodes were already in the jet, Jyn raised his hand towards the hut and had it assembled into his pyre. Earth, fire or water? Each culture deals with death in a different and unique way. A warrior prefers death in battle but his battle was over. A snap on her part followed, causing Natasha to flinch involuntarily and it took a brief moment to understand that Thano's former house began to smoke and the first small flames rose. Your work is complete. So rest in peace. At least Jyn hoped that he would find him or have found him long ago.