15

With shaky breath Jyn squatted in the empty room on the floor against the wall, somehow trying to calm down that she was unable to breathe properly, not noticing that someone was on his way to her.

The universe has condemned you. You asked it for a price and it said no to you. In Jyn's case, Gamora's words would have been far more accurate than those of her predecessor. A soul for a soul, Red Skull is said. Until ten minutes ago, she had thought she knew what the universe had planned for her and what it would come out of, but now? Understand the universe or fate. Nobody could tell her it wasn't her job to get that damn stone.

"Everything okay?", Scott asked again after a while, since Jyn hadn't reacted to any of his previous efforts to attract attention and instead she was staring at the ground in a more than unusual state, as he thought.

"Nothing is alright, alright", it was the feeling of failure that Jyn had never experienced before, even if she might not be right, but it was far from over, "Help me get to Vormir."

"We're going to New York with Steve, Bruce and Tony", even if Scott meant it nicely and that was it, it didn't change anything, "It's going..."

"I don't want to know who's going where", Jyn interrupted, because it was the last thing she wanted to know, scrambling up to her feet with the help of the wall in her back, because her legs alone, were not able to stand upright, "But there must be a possibility. Try, please. Somehow. There's a reason the soul stone is in a place of death. Death haunts me from day to day, and I don't know anything else, so it makes sense for me to go. It's not a question of trusting Scott and I don't care what Tony thinks of me, but, it's a question of what you're willing to give."

"Okay", even though Scott didn't really want to know why it was so important for Jyn to come to Vormir, he agreed in a weak voice, "I'll see what I can do."

An attempt, that's all Scott had, because as soon as the wrong person, Tony, heard this, even the best words were not enough for Jyn to change places with whomever.

༺═────────────═༻

Since Natasha was the one who thought that Jyn would find what she was looking for in New York and left for Vormir with Clint, Scott went to her. Although the redhead listened as Scott repeated Jyn's, rather needy, motives, it remained as before. The teams and their respective goals were set.

"Don't you think, precisely because of this, shouldn't she go? There is only one thing in her life that she really wants and will never get. Find the root of all evil and you understand why a person has become who he is", and as Jyn already said to Natasha that there are things she will not be able to do, "Go with her to New York, whether she wants to or not. If we already have the chance to get the stones from the past, then it is also possible to finish with her. She can finish with the most important things in her life there and come apart for the better, which was not granted to her. Tony won't let her near the stones anyway.

Once in a lifetime, just once, Scott thought, get a clear answer for that, because Natasha and Jyn had been in this world of secrets too long.