04

For a long time it had been quiet in the spaceship and the associated journey back to Earth. Everything had arrived on this one attempt and thus, absolutely stupid. The silence that reigned was oppressive in many ways. The Infinity stones were finally lost and with it all hope to straighten everything again. For the second time the Avengers had failed. Twice they lost to Thanos. Even though the second attempt to save the universe was not a real fight and the Titan was now dead, it had been another defeat against him. Despite his death, the last survivor of Titan emerged victorious.

"Well, I've got one question or two for you... um...", it was Rocket who first found words after the jet was back in the air and turned with his pilot's chair to Jyn who was sitting on the floor leaning her back against the wall, "Who or what are you, anyway? The blonde, knows you and the guy in the robot suit too, but..."

"89P13, I suppose", it didn't need to look aside to find out who was talking, so Jyn kept staring at the wall opposite her and continued in a dull voice, "This borderline idiot thought there was a raccoon and a tree near Thor. I still wonder how it could have been that he was allowed to walk freely and without supervision in the universe alone?"

"Are you talking about Quill?", but Jyn didn't answer Rocket and therefore didn't answer his previous question who she was.

"I don't understand one thing. You were with Tony when it started. So how is it that you were with Thanos now of all times?", a perfectly appropriate question that Bruce threw into the room, because Jyn had not only been with Tony at the beginning, but also with him, Wong and Stephen, "Were you with him the whole time and if not, how did you get to him?

"After the thing on Titan, Thanos told me to talk to the dead, because the living weren't able to give me answers", which Titan was right in the end and Jyn didn't get all the answers, but at least she learned a lot and could learn from it, "I was on the edge of the universe, talked to some people and paid Thanos a little visit afterwards, because there was something that worried even the dead. Something big was imminent. I know the earth, the people and therefore I knew that there will be idiots like you who don't know the word 'accept'. So I paid him my first visit and told him to get ready for one last fight. A few days ago, however, I felt something powerful that I could not attribute. It was powerful but the only enormous power I know was that of the stones and when I visited Thanos again the next day it became obvious what a power had shaken the universe. It was not a pretty sight to find him like that. Another sacrifice he had made for the universe."

"So, because of you, Thanos destroyed the stones."
there was a possibility that this might be true, but there was no confirmation for Rocket's acceptance,
"So it's your fault that we can't undo it anymore. Great. So can anyone tell me why we took them with us and didn't just throw them out on the spot now?

"Do you really think I ever needed you?", Jyn replied amused and cool at the same tone as she supported herself from the metallic floor to stand up and look into the 'round' now, "There are so many worlds out there, and they're all connected. Connected to darkness. It has an advantage to die and be brought back by a goddess. Some of us can't live until they've (not) died. No matter what each of you may think now, it was right not to want to kill Thanos, because he never wanted to control world domination or the universe. His goal was to make life possible and to spare everyone else, the same grief and all the suffering that happened to him and his planet. Finally live with your failure and accept what has happened."

"When you tell it, it sounds nice, but reality looks very different", which made no sense to Jyn, because if half the population of the universe, which were trillions, was missing, it should be clear that something changed from scratch, why Roger's comment was no more than stupid in their eyes and therefore, completely superfluous, "Half the universe is extinct; everyone has lost friends; families have been torn apart and now you seriously claim his goal was to do something good? Wait until you are back on earth and realize what the flicking really did. Let's see how you react when you can see what you've lost."