07

After a completely superfluous strong step on the brake, the dark car came to a standstill with a violent jerk, whereby the two occupants were thrown first forward and immediately back into the seat. The headquarters of the Avengers. Smaller and more run-down than we remember. And for the fact that this was the Avenger Headquarters, it was the easiest thing ever to get in, namely simply and moving through the front door.

"Was that really necessary?", coughing, Jyn peered at Aaron in the driver's seat between individual strands hanging from her face and blew one of the strands out of her field of vision, "Now we're here. Please explain to me why."

"The world is getting smaller and smaller", not a very good explanation, since this had been known for decades, but Aaron knew that Jyn needed more explanation, "You don't have to like these people to at least listen to what the great revolution is supposed to be after five years. Once you are convinced of something or have long since formed a firm opinion, be as stubborn as he should have been. There is nothing left. Convictions back or forth. We have reached a point where we once again have to ask ourselves what is necessary and what is not. Maybe we haven't lost anything but we haven't won either. The bottom line is that we have landed at zero. Nothing happens by chance, nothing without reason. Remember what led you to me and thus to our world. We have all the time in the world, listening does not hurt and if the thing is absolute nonsense, let them know. And you're not going to miss the opportunity to say a saying to them, are you? I thought to myself."

The revolution began, it seemed, with an old, run-down van, dozens of computers and twice the amount of cables. A bunch of parts that could have come from the scrap yard. Nothing had been set up yet, but Rogers, Natasha, Hulk and Scott were just about to put down the last full boxes.

"Hear my words and rejoice in them. You have been granted the privilege of ending your insignificance with our visit. Be grateful", with raised arms Jyn walked up to the small group with Aaron beside her and couldn't stay serious anymore after she had arrived at the four, "Expected unexpectedly or the other way around? Never mind. A beautiful day for a conversation, isn't it?"

"Didn't this weird guy in New York say something similar?", the Hulk asked with Banner's voice, whereupon Jyn flicked at him and realized only for a few seconds that Banner wasn't quite a Banner, but half of the Hulk, "Not a nice memory."

"What gives us the 'honor' after you tell us no matter what it is, you wouldn't be interested?", while Rogers spoke, Jyn hugged Scott to greet him and looked briefly at him because she thought she had heard something, "Why are you here now?"

"Oh, you really talked to me. Good to know. Um, my boss...", again, Jyn flicked at another person, but this time at Aaron and took two thoughtful steps, "...which, by the way, is he and the reason. So thank him otherwise I wouldn't be here. We had a conversation about nothing happening without a reason. The universe and fate go hand in hand, I was told. And when I look back on my life so far, everything made sure that one day I would end up with two particular people. Twice fate has spared me, but a third time not. The question is: Why? The second question: Why does Scott suddenly reappear after five years? And now to the all-decisive question: Why do you come to me of all people? Most people would say that I belong to those people whom you certainly don't visit voluntarily."

"I trust Tony's judgment", Jyn had expected to hear much, really much, as an answer but not this and above all not from Natasha, "He asked you how many times? Five times, six times? It was always about you. Not about your family. Not who you belong to. You always didn't care whether people hate you or love you. The former is probably more true. If I asked you what I don't need, because I know the answer long ago, whether you would regret decisions made, it would be clear. I don't judge people for what they have done or their decisions, because there were reasons for that. Despite everything that concerns your new friends and your present life, you were with Tony when it mattered and that's enough for me to know. It shows me that there is more than others should know."

"How desperate you must be. It sounds as if you are clinging to the last remaining straw", it may not have been nice what Aaron said about it, but everyone here in the hall knew deep down inside that he was right, "It's just the truth. The chance that your project will succeed is one thing to what? Millions? Billions?"

"That's about it", Scott confirmed with his uninterrupted positive attitudes, which led Aaron to look around with his eyebrows raised, because it couldn't be true and Jyn recalled something that had already slowly begun in Aaron's words before and was actually, as good as forgotten, "The chances of me ever helping the Avengers were pretty slim, too. So can we go straight to the plan?"

Scott's first word to introduce the plan and the group's entire hope was, quantum physics. Quantum physics of all things. The question that Jyns asked directly at the word why Tony wasn't here because I think he would be most familiar with the subject was answered by the fact that Natasha and Rogers only exchanged two silent glances. Which probably meant that the inventor didn't particularly believe in this undertaking. During the last five years Scott had been stuck in the quantum universe, what he called the quantum level, and for this reason hadn't noticed the change in the universe, but if that hadn't been all, it hadn't been more than five hours for him. So time was the key to their problem. Maybe the Infinity stones are lost, but not in the past. Similar to Scott's case, it was about diving into the quantum level, leaving it again, in the past. Not sometime in the past, but before Thanos gets the stones.

At the end of the plan, Jyn and Aaron sat deep in their chair, both legs sunken on the table, one above the other, looking at Scott with their nostrils twitching. At first, Jyn had believed that her plan to undo Thano's deed would have jumped into a fantasy, but it was far more than that. It was a journey through time. Science fiction was the new hope.

"You've known him for some time," Aaron began, because he didn't know what to say about it, and leaned closer to Jyn, "Is he serious?"

"I think so", Jyn replied, although she wasn't quite sure if that was the case, and took her legs off the table to sit properly at the table, "What's happened is happened and things are similar with the past. Time is something where no one can intervene, let alone play with. If it were possible. Past, present and future, these are gears that overlap. What should happen will happen. If, for example, fate says you die, then you die. Never seen 'Final Destination'? Time can't change that. There is the famous Butterfly Erffect. If you change even one thing in the past, no matter how small, you change the whole future at the same time. You can't be serious."

Unfortunately this was not the case and tomorrow, the first attempt at time travel should take place.