27

Until today you have spent your life among the dead, because you yourself are just as dead. Dead on the inside. You're better off with a cold corpse than with a warm, living person. I believe you seek union with your true family.... in fact, your only family. Death.

A sacrifice, in its strictest definition, demands something precious in exchange for the appeasement of a higher power. A faithful devotion to a cause not satisfied by a simple promise. For an oath, however solemn it may be, demands no return. While a true sacrifice demands an unspeakable loss.

It would not be long before this was finally over. A new age for a better world and future. In such a case, everyone must make sacrifices, no matter how much it costs or how hard it may be, but the good of one does not outweigh the good of many.

On the other side of the battlefield, down the hill, Jyn could see three figures lying on the ground. Tony, Thor and Rogers. Three Avengers, three wounded fighters, and the rest of them were buried somewhere. Was this fight fair? No, but a war, the fight for power, is never fair.

A single, glowing circle of light, getting stronger and stronger, appeared on the dark horizon, and it didn't take long for hundreds of these orange circles to appear in the entire sky. Portals from which dozens of people, even masses, emerged.

"Now it's fair", one last time, in the very last moment of silence, Jyn took a deep breath once more and looked down with an expressionless expression on the ever-growing masses, "Army against army. Will against conviction."

"Every will can be broken, even the strongest. Convictions cannot", Thanos raised his sword with this and pointed it directly at the troops that had gathered behind Rogers, "Let's break theirs."

Literally, break.

This was the fight of her life.

Not for Jyn, because she wouldn't go into direct combat. What's the point? For that purpose there were the Chitaurie or Leviathan and the Outrider, which were cold-blooded killer monsters. In addition, she still had a task and that task was only finished when it was fulfilled.

With a little run-up, Jyn jumped up to a run-down Leviathan and got something to grab, thanks to the flaky skin. In this mixture she would never be able to find the glove and in the air, she would at least get a complete overview of the situation.

Despite the noise, the advancing battle, one thing could be heard. Trumpets. Searching for the van, because it couldn't be anything else, Jyn discovered something else to her delight while watching the battle. Someone was walking with the glove over the battlefield and it was none other than Clint. Consequences.

༺═────────────═༻

"Hey, you said, out of fourteen million painters, we'd win one time, right?", Tony wanted to know from Stephen as soon as he landed on the floor, "Is this the one time?"

"If I tell you what's gonna happen", Stephen replied, trying to make it sound as obvious as possible without saying it, "....it won't happen."

"Woe betide you", but before Tony could throw himself back into the fight, he had to get rid of one thing, "By the way, your wife, she's on his side. Again."

"I know", of course Stephen had known this, as the inventor now realized, because it was one of the numerous future humans the magician had seen, "You cannot change people without destroying what they will be one.

There was a reason for everything.