Making a Home

Recap : Billa and Maya returns to India. Billa's childhood memories...

Maya was arranging the furniture in the hall. She bought some decorative, flowers , fancy lights and all to give a new look to the home.

At last the hall was finished. She joined rohini in the kitchen .

'Phew.... I am tired aunty... need a hot tea... '. Rohini handed over a cup of tea to her.  Maya was preparing herself for the question bank to present before rohini.

'Aunty... how long have you been working for Billa.... ?'
She asked in a usual manner, without creating doubts...

'Actually, Billa is like my own kid.. I know him since he was 12 years old. That small kid , who came with Renjith holding his hands... '

'What... That's a long period. Is he your relative... ? Ah.. because I have seen him talking a bit only to you both... '. Asked a curious Maya.

'To be frank, I don't know who is he... from where Renjith got him.... One day night Renjith came home with him... I didn't asked who is he... Renjith told me from today he is ours ... but he was our luck... since then he was not so talkative, but he loves us very much... I know...  He is so rude from outside, but his heart is so fragile '.

Rohini went from there saying it. Actually who is Billa... he is a mysterious character...

~

At night , Billa and Vikaram came home . They saw the lights of the hall were off. They stepped in. Billa switched on the lights. For a second he was dumbstruck for the sight he saw. His house was completely changed. New lightings ,new arrangements, new home decors... So many changes in a single day .

"Welcome home "... said Maya with a wide smile .
"Fresh up and come down... dinner is ready ...".
She said and went to the kitchen. Billa and Vikram stood there stuck. Renjith came in and saw the changes...

'Are we standing at our house... or did the address changed... ' asked the confused Renjith. Vikram laughed for this and said, 'Its our own home Renjith sir... my beloved sister did a makeover, that's all... '.

'Your sister is so talented.... ' said Renjith. Billa went up without saying anything. Vikram and Renjith laughed looking each other..

All the men came down refreshed.
Billa was the last one to arrive .
He was on a call.. That's when he saw the dining table was filled with so many dishes... All the north Indian , south Indian dishes were arranged on the table. Rohini and Maya came from kitchen with some drinks.

"Maya... did you prepared all these items ?" , asked Renjith . Maya nodded her head. "That's nice, I was fed of Rohini's cooking... every day same dishes... " . His words did earn a glare from his wife.

Maya laughed for this. " don't worry uncle, from now I have taken the half in charge of the kitchen. Just tell me what you want... it will be ready before you... ".

"And why are you standing like this Billa..have your seat. And look she has made your favorite aalu paratha." Rohini nearly pushed him to.his seat.
Maya came with the dishes and served him. He didn't even looked at her. He had his meals very silently as usual. Maya was noticing him every now and then. After having the food , he stood up and went .

Maya didn't expected any appreciation for her cooking from him. But she needed a look from him at least .  Seeing the disappointed face of her, Rohini came near and held.her shoulders. "I am seeing him eating so much food as today for the first time... I think he liked your cooking... ".

Maya smiled a bit but tried to cover up. 'No no aunty... I was not .. ah.. '.
'Its ok its ok... I can understand... ', said rohini and left. Maya smacked her own head and went upstairs.