The Passage

She was twisting and turning on her bed. Sleep was far away from those eyes. She sat on the bed disturbed.
"Even after being a busy day, why can't I sleep.... oh oh.... God... I want to sleep.... 😫" . She covered her head with blanket... but still of no use...
"Let me go to kitchen then... will make a tea... ", she stood up from bed, wore her slippers and walked out of the room . While she was climbing down , she saw a light in upstairs. "Who is awake at this hour.... ", she looked at the clock and found 2:00 am. She again climbed up and moved to the direction. There she found a room there with a very narrow passage, light was coming from there.... 
"From where this room came here... I never saw it till now... ",. She remembered a showcase was there . She looked all over and found the showcase has moved to the other side...she had a close watch and saw wheels at the four ends of it. She moved inside the passage... it was barely lit, and then she saw a door, which was slightly open. She peeped inside and saw a person... face not clear. The person was standing in front of a big portrait of an elderly couple..She opened the door some more and saw him... Billa...

He was standing in front of it with a glass of drinks in his hands. Who are they... was they his parents.. if yes then, why is there portrait hung over here... it is his house, it should be on the main hall, with pride.  Why in this dark room...

The room was so big. Since the light was low, she couldn't see what all things are inside. She could only see a wardrobe, a shelf with some books, a corner of the bed , a small kitchen area... It was like a small house.
Billa turned and sat on a chair opposite to the bed. After a while he stood up and turned to leave.

Maya was left in thoughts. Hearing the sounds of his footsteps,she came to senses and ran back. Billa came outside of the door and closed it. He gave a last look to the portrait. Then came out. Maya ran out and hid behind a table. She saw him coming out and pulling the showcase which closed the passage.
She looked it in awe. He left from there. She came out and looked at the showcase. It just looked perfect showcase attached to the wall. No one could even think a room will be there inside it...
"What is happening... Why should Billa have a secret place like this in his own house where he lives alone... and whose picture was that... God... I can't understand anything... I think I should check here tomorrow, may be I can find some clue ... ".

She then left to her room... Billa saw her walking towards her room. But she didn't . She was in great thoughts...  Billa smirked at her... an evil smirk maybe...