Chapter 7

"I think it's time for you to go to bed", he said and it sounded colder than ice. He grabbed my arm, dragging me out to the room where I woke up this morning. Not looking back, he closed the door and I could hear the key at the other side of the door. What the hell was that? He definitely was angry with me. But why? It's just a book. I just couldn't understand his reaction. There's only one possibility: He hates me. I shivered. Suddenly I felt cold. Taking the blanket, I went to bed, because I knew I couldn't do anything else. The blanket didn't warm at all. With the smell of cinnamon in my nose I slowly started to drift away with a sadness in me, that felt a bit like the depressions, I sometimes had.

When I woke up I felt as I shouldn't open my eyes. So I just breathed on as I did before. Someone was staring at me. I could feel it. Was it him? It could only be him. But why should he do this? He was angry with me. Because of the book. "I know you're not sleeping anymore and I just wanted to apologize for yesterday evening", he said quietly. "I don't know why I reacted like this, but the book means a lot to me". Opening my eyes I saw him sitting at a chair in front of the bed. But not the normal way. His legs laying around the back of the chair and his brown eyes, warm as chocolate, studying my facial expressions. Which looked quite stupid, I guess. "O-okay", I stuttered. He asked me if I'd like to know something about the book and I nodded again. I never nodded as much as with him. It became my favorite move; because it was better to nod when my voice just cracked up once again.

We spent the whole day in the book room talking about the pillars of the earth. It was one of my favorite books too, so we were talking about it for a long time. He knew so many details and thought about some things different, but when he said it they sounded logic. Looking at a huge clock at the wall he said he had to chop some wood for the oven. "Can I leave you here?" , he asked. I replied with a smile, that with a good book I forget everything. Smiling as well he left the room going downstairs. I was taking the book to the ground so I could lay down and read. The book was so chaining, I couldn't stop. After a while I realized my bones hurt, because of the ground. Used to that, I read on until they really hurt. That's the moment when you suddenly have to pee, feel hungry, thirsty and everything, with that I had experiences. So I decided to get rid of the first of my needs, going to pee. Wondering where he was, I opened the door to the bath room. Why there was a noise of water? Fuck! He was showering. Logical, after chopping wood, you go having a shower, because you sweated. What shall I do? If I would leave the room he would hear it. Rough someone grabbed my hair. The noise of the shower suddenly stopped.