Chapter 44

Dad said he would wait in the car. I could understand him and was thankful for the chance to talk to John alone.

After filling out a bunch of formulas they finally led me go into the big visiting room. There was a huge window going through the whole room. At one side there were all the prisoners, at the other the visitors. Then I saw John and my heart started beating faster. He was sitting behind the window. When he saw me, he practically jumped up. It was weird to sit down and have a window between us, I wanted to kiss him and feel his hands on my body. Slowly I took up the phone to the other side. "I explained them that you weren't the one who kidnapped me.", I started talking about the guilt question. His lovely eyes studied my face. "I thought you were dying", he ignored what I said. I didn't have an answer on that, practically I almost died, the wound was a bit below my collarbone, close enough to my neck. "That was the worst torture ever, thinking about what happened if you died. It was my fault and I couldn't forgive myself.", now his eyes didn't look at me anymore, they were staring into nothing, looking empty. How much I wanted to put my finger on his lips right now and kiss him. He made me feel complete. I pressed my hand to the window, somehow hoping it would go through.

I looked into his eyes and saw the pain of the past days in it. To see his pain made my eyes water up. "John I.... I don't know what to say.... I missed you and.... And I love you", my voice wasn't louder than a whisper anymore and I was looking down. I gave my heart into his hands. Now he had to decide if he threw it away or kept it. Afraid he could say he didn't love me, I didn't gave him the opportunity to answer and started talking to a police man, who stood there: "Could you please let me talk to him without that window? Please!" He must had seen my desperate look and so he nodded. Leading me to a room with a table and chairs around it, I saw John coming from the other side. He was forced to wear handcuffs and it broke my heart to see they treated him like a felon.

I thought when he entered the room they'd remove them, but nothing happened. "Hey why is he wearing those? He didn't kill someone, he just...", I started talking to the guy behind him, but he interrupted me rudely: "mam I think it's enough, do you wanna talk to him or not?", he asked annoyed. I gave him an angry glare, but nodded. He left the room and locked the door, not before yelling "15 minutes". I was so happy to see John, I ran into him and hugged him with the one arm I could use. His eyes were filled with tears when we kissed each other carefully. My breathing stopped for a second and then started again. "I love you too. From the moment I saw you in the shop, I knew there was something different about you. You were so many things, shy, sweet, angry, annoyed, scared, curious, but I loved to see every single one of those feelings. You owned my heart before I knew it.", he stroked my cheek and looked into my eyes. I felt as if I fell into them. A deep river of chocolate, that I'd never escape. Words weren't necessary anymore, I laid both of my arms around him, ignored the pain and kissed him without regrets. Carefully John answered the kiss. I felt he wanted to put his arms around me, but couldn't because of the handcuffs. I broke the kiss and slid under them, so now he could hold me.

____________
Really wanna thank @non-ofurbusiness for being such a sweet surprise! It makes me so happy that you like my story that much❤