Chapter 32

Thinking about that shit I went on. Every time I was thinking about something my hand wandered to my ear and my neck, rubbing it or playing with my earring. It felt good to touch the small silver leave at my ear, it reminded me of John. Carefully I pulled it off to look at it. It was truly beautiful, my breath misted on its surface. Sighing I looked on the path again, I couldn't see very much, the darkness was only interrupted by a few lamps. Somehow scary. Suddenly I realized there were footsteps behind me. Was I turning paranoid now? Carefully I took a look over my shoulder and saw a man walking behind me. His clothes were black and he was walking very fast. Was he after me? Panicking I started to walk faster too, until I almost ran. I passed the corner and could see my house a few hundred meters away. The footsteps behind me still had the same tempo, sounding more silent now, as he was further away. I relieved a breath, too much imagination could be annoying sometimes. One last street cross and I'd be home. Suddenly a shadow stepped out of the in running street, directly in front of me. Gasping I tried to stay calm, greet and move on, it sure was just a walker, but the person stepped in my way. My grip around the earring I still held in my hands got tighter. And now I could also hear the person behind me again, he was getting closer. Shit.

Out of nowhere the man in front of me pinned me against the wall next to me. His hand squeezed my throat, not that much it was hurting, but enough I knew he wasn't joking and wouldn't doubt to squeeze harder. I remembered those self defending videos, they showed us in school. He was a man so he got a weak spot. As hard as I could I kicked his groin and started to run. Adrenaline shot through my veins and I could hear the blood in my ears. But I made the bill without the other man. He had almost caught us when I kicked the other ones groin so my head start wasn't big. Violently he grabbed my shoulders and turned me down. The air went out of my lungs when his heavy body landed on me. I wanted to fight back, but I couldn't even turn around. "Got her", he yelled to the other one, who was slowly getting up again. Slowly that rock of a man moved up, but not without grabbing my wrist with an iron grip. Regardless he pulled me with him to the other one who finally got up. His moans got more silently and I saw the anger in his eyes. He definitely hated me. Slowly he moved towards me and hissed "you own me a favor little girl! A compensation for the damage you did!" What was he talking about? "Let it be Aron, she almost slipped away once and you know we don't got a camera with us for now", the one who was still squeezing my wrist uncomfortably interfered. I swallowed and knew they were sent by that boss John owned some money to. Actually it's not John who owns him money, it's his father. Yep the voice inside my head wasn't able to shut up once. At the moment I didn't care if it was John who owned him money or his dad, it didn't change anything about my situation.

The guy named Aron pulled a knife out of his pocket and I gasped a bit. Oh god he would cut me in slices now. Handling the knife in front of my face he enjoyed seeing me frightened. "Don't ever do that again or there won't be an excuse to stop me." , his voice cut into my ears. I tried not to move, who knew what he would do? Smirking meanly he removed the knife and the other one who seemed to be not that mean pulled me with him. I remembered the earring I was still holding in my hand. As a weapon it was useless, way too small. But if I would drop it, maybe John would find it and knew what happened. Inconspicuous I opened my hand, dropped it, praying they wouldn't hear it.

Neither Aron nor the other guy realized what I did and on the other side of the street I could see the by now familiar black car. I shivered and my mind raced to find a way to get out of here. Every book I'd ever read shot through my mind, every trick the main persons had ever tried. But none was helpful. Practiced as they did it a hundred times Aron slipped on the drivers seat and the other one pushed me in the backseat, sitting next to me. The click of the now locked door sounded like a closing grave cover to me.

They had me in their hands once again.