Chapter 46

I looked into Johns eyes and he looked into mine. The time had come. Pretending I was searching something in my bag I pulled out a gun and aimed it to the judge. "Nobody move", I said calmly. Wow, that was a great feeling. While I did so, John hit the police man who stood next to him and he fell like a rock. I threw John a gun and surprisingly he caught it. "What a..." the judge started yelling, but John pointed the gun towards him "shut up". Slowly I walked down to John and gave him the rope I brought with me. A lot of rope was necessary to turn all of them quiet and silent. The visitors looked at us shocked, but didn't try anything. While Johnny tied all the police men and officials together I was watching over the crowd. My experiences with weapons were limited to standing in front of them, but I acted as if I could handle it. Excitement and and adrenaline shot through my body. This was the craziest thing I ever did. I tried not to think about the consequences if they caught us. It was too late anyway, I couldn't change my mind now. Taking a deep breath, I remembered the stupid police man from the hospital who didn't believe me. No one did, they were just searching someone they could blame and luckily found John. 

My thoughts were interrupted by John walking over and giving me a quick peck on the lips. It was the weirdest situation I'd ever been in, including the last month. I inhaled his cinnamon smell deeply. "We should gag them, otherwise they'll be after us faster than I can say I love you", I whispered. He chuckled a bit and kissed my forehead. "Already done", he smiled and turned around to them. They were fidgeting and giving us angry glares, but couldn't do anything. I felt a bit guilty, but then power overcame me.

I was the one who could say what would happen next.

I could do whatever I wanted right now.

I wasn't forced to do anything.

A laugh escaped my lips. John slowly stepped towards the judge and kneed down in front of him. "Your car keys, please?", he asked politely. Exactly the same way he asked me in the shop if I'd like to join him. A shiver ran down my back. Now I was at the other side of the gun and I was frightened how much I liked it. When John got the keys he turned around, grabbed my hand and we ran through the building to find a way where there weren't cameras and reporters. We found the parked car and the key fitted. Laughing we sat in. "You're crazy", he whispered into my ear and kissed my neck passionately. I giggled and enjoyed his lips on my body. Then I slowly pushed him away "I don't think now is the best time". He sighed "what a pity" and gave me one of his smirks. My heart started beating faster and I knew what luck felt like.