Chapter 41

Beep, beep, beep

'What an awful noise', it shot through my head. "She should soon wake up", I heard a woman saying. The air smelled like disinfection soap and air cleaners. "Okay thanks", I heard my father saying. Wait what? My father? Where was I? The last thing I could remember was.... What was it? Oh yes, now I remembered, I got shot and they dragged John away. What happened to him? The police didn't know he was the good one. Carefully I opened my eyes. I felt like a vampire, the light was painful. "There, oh god, she's awake!", I heard Katy screaming. She jumped onto me and hugged me tightly and I fizzled in pain. "Too tight", I whispered and she led go of me, scared she could have killed me. "You're back", this time she hugged me more carefully. In the back my father cleared his throat. "Are you okay?", he asked nervously. What a question, I was lying in a hospital, of course not. But I nodded and tried to smile. "What.... Happened?", I asked, but sounded worse than my own granny.

"I can explain that", a person stepped forward. He looked very bureaucratic, holding some notes. When I saw him I knew he was from the police. "You were kidnapped by Johnny Depp once again, this time he wanted some money from people we haven't figured out yet, but they tried to save you, my dear. Unfortunately one of them was shot by Mister Depp." I gasped little, it was just the other way round. "Hey listen, that's not true, it was the other way round.", I told him to make sure John was not the villain in this story. The guy looked at me confused. So did my father and Katy. "t's true, he was the one who tried to save me from them!", I started to explain when my dad interrupted me. Comforting me he sat down on the edge of the bed "it's okay if you can't handle that right now okay?" I stared at him confused. He thought I was mad? He thought John was the evil one, trying to kidnap me? "No that's not the point, John isn't guilty, he didn't take me as a hostage, he tried to save me from those guys who took me as their hostage to blackmail him and... ", I inhaled and started getting louder. My father was looking at the police officer now. Out of nowhere a nurse entered the room. "How dare you asking her questions like that now? She almost died and you make her freak out and scream? Hell no, get out of here before I make you!", she yelled at them quite impressive. Quickly everybody except for her left the room. "But I need to..." I started to talk, so at least she would believe me. She tried to calm me down, but I was too excited, that people thought John was the villain. How could they? No one who ever looked into those brown eyes could say he was evil. The nurse realized I wouldn't calm down that fast and so she injected me something, causing tiredness and I felt myself falling asleep quickly.