Chapter 14

I opened my eyes. It was warm and cozy. When I turned my head, I saw John sitting next to the bed, giving me a worried look. And then I remembered it.

The wood.

He left me there.

The pervert.

Him.

Coming back.

Carrying me up.

And now I'm here.

At the house again.

"Are you okay? Well I'm sure you're not, this pervert... I had no idea, I thought it would be a good idea, I didn't know someone like him would be there and... ", he was stuttering, excited and nervous. Telling him I'm fine and it's not his fault, I wanted to move out of the bed, when my legs gave way and I fell down. Fast he kneed down next to me, with his eyes asking the permission to carry me up. He didn't want to just grab me, because he was afraid, I could have a flashback and break down. I didn't want him to help me, I wanted to be strong and do it myself. So I shook my head and tried to get up again, but my legs did what they wanted. So I had no other possibility. Annoyed I nodded at him, carefully he carried me up. For him I didn't seem to weight anything. He carried me to the bathroom, sat me down at the edge of the bathtub and left.

After using the toilet, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to scream after him, but either I couldn't stand up myself. What was wrong with my legs? Standing at the tree and then the pervert must have exhausted them. It knocked at the door and after me yelling 'yes' he entered. Slowly he kneed down in front of me.

"I know no words can make up what this pervert did and it's only my fault. I shouldn't have left you there, it is my fault and I am so sorry.", he looked to the ground, he really was sorry. Strangely I wasn't angry or hurt or whatever. I didn't feel anything. "It's okay, I'm fine, it's not your fault, it was only his. I'm just glad you came back", my voice was a bit rusty, but not shaking. He looked up and couldn't believe I would forgive him that easily. "Okay, I didn't make any food, because I was staying at your bed the whole time, you wanna come with me to the kitchen?", he still didn't believe that I was okay. So I had to prove him. But why was I okay? I should cry and hate him and be scared of men, but I had none of those feelings. Strange.

I nodded and again he carried me up, walking down to the kitchen. The breakfast was a bit awkward, he didn't know what to say and how to behave and I didn't know what to say either. He was so worried about me, it was cute. He tried to read my thoughts and wishes from my eyes, but I didn't had any wishes. Before all that happened he was almost able to read my thoughts and now he couldn't understand me. Probably no one would.

After breakfast he really surprised me when he asked if it was okay for me to stay with him a little longer, because he wanted to go sure, I'm okay or if I'd like to go home. I couldn't believe, he was asking this, I started to laugh loudly. Confused he looked me, I tried to explain it, but I was gasping from laughing. He waited until I was finished. Tears in my eyes from laughing, I told him that he was the kidnapper, I'm the hostage, so my opinion didn't matter at all. "I never thought about how it should be, you are more than just a hostage for me, I do care about your opinion!", he sounded shy and quiet when he said this, but it seemed as he wasn't lying. The laughter got stuck in my throat. I didn't know what to say. Now I was shy as well. What a weird situation. A kidnapper and his hostage sitting in front of each other, both looking down to the ground, shy and not knowing what to say.

When he wanted to carry me up again, my back suddenly started to hurt. "Ouch", I yelled. Frightened he could have hurt me, he immediately removed his hands. "No, no it's not you, it's just my back started to hurt." He was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do "I could look after it, if you want, I swear I'm not gonna try something or touch you if you don't want", he definitely was afraid he might hurt me. What did I have to loose? He really did care and it's just my back. So I agreed.

At the bathroom, he turned away so I could remove my shirt. I realized I was wearing the shirt, I wore when he kidnapped me. Not his, it really was mine. I cleared my throat so he could turn around. The next thing I heard was him, gasping. What was it? "I should have killed this repulsive creep", I heard him mumbling with a lot of repressed anger. Holding my arms in front of my boobs, I turned around so I could see my back at the mirror. I had a long blue stripe along my spine. The tree, he pressed me against it.

John carefully took some cream from the desk and so I turned around again. The cream was cold, but I didn't say anything. His fingers were so soft, I already knew that, but I enjoyed them. Why was I so weird? I enjoyed physical contact with him, after I almost got raped. I think an asylum would be the right place for me.