Chapter 25

"You're a pretty little thing, you know, John always had an excellent sense for that.", he looked into my eyes, making me feel uncomfortable and waiting for a reaction. Biting my lip I took a deep breath and asked him why he did this to John and what he wanted. If I didn't even ask questions I wouldn't know if he was willingly to answer them. He laughed a bit and laid his hand down on my thigh. John noticed it and growled "get your dirty hands off her! Your struggle is with me, not with her!" Provocatively the hand wandered up a bit to the middle of my thigh. Immediately John started to move and tried to get rid of the shackles. "You're wrong John and always have been wrong. My struggle is whoever can get me back my money and if this is her, then my struggle is also with her. It's your fault, she's here now, just your own fault." Laughing the man removed his hand and nodded to one of those gorillas, who once again hit John with a fist, got a cloth out of his suit and gagged John. His protests and groans were muffled by it. All of that happened unbelievably fast, I just stared and suddenly John wasn't able to talk anymore. "I think he decided it would be better to leave us talking alone, my dear", the man turned to me again, seeming to be sweet and kind.

"So darling, where were we before John interrupted us so rude, ah yes I remember, I wanted to ask where you met him." Shit, a question, what shall I do? Answer truly or lie or just not saying a word at all? "Oh come on girl, I'm not gonna harm you, I'm just curious, don't be that shy." Well of course a sentence like that would help. "I met him in a shop", was all I got out of me, sounding stronger than I actually was. "Oh yeah I remember, you were his hostage right? How weird is it, that you were with him now again? Didn't he release you?" Fuck, this man was just evil and he loved to play the gentleman, but that could change from one moment to another, I had no doubts about that. What should I answer? I wasn't sure about that question either. We hadn't talked about that yet. Actually we were kind of a couple, weren't we? But telling it loudly would make it official. "Oh strong feelings between you, I get it, well we can talk about that later dear."

The interrogation didn't stop. He asked me questions about me, my life and especially about John and the time when he kidnapped me. All the time he was nice and kind, but this mask was so obvious, I hated it. When John kidnapped me, he always was honest, this man would never be. Finally he ended asking questions, clapped his hands together, telling me it was nice to talk with me, but now I had to excuse him. Good. The whole time I felt as if he played with me like a cat that tortured the mouse it got, before finally killing it.

Oke of the bodyguards pushed me out of the car, but the way he treated John was so much worse. Even if it wasn't necessary they hit and kicked it, thinking it was funny. Dragging us into a dark room, releasing us with a last push he locked the door. The floor was cold and hard, that was the way I always imagined a place to keep hostages. It was completely dark, there was not even a window. Quickly I removed the cloth from John's mouth and he spit it out. "Are you okay? They hit you so badly!", I worriedly asked him. That I couldn't see his eyes drove me crazy. "Shhh darling, that's the  last problem we got at the moment, I am so sorry for all the shit you are in just because of me, he's right, it's my fault. I wanted to tell you about them later, but they were faster than I thought they would be." Groping and searching his hands I wanted to remove the rope around his wrists, but I realized it were handcuffs they used. No possibility to get rid of them.

A shiver ran down my back.