Chapter 26

"I will be fine, don't worry", he tried to calm me down. It didn't work, I could feel tears in my eyes. Why everything was so complicated? And then he told me the story. The whole story of his family. That his father owned a lot of money to those guys and that he, John had to get that money for them, or they would harm his brothers. His father wasn't a help, just drinking all the time, not even able to get a job. "So you see, I didn't have a choice, if I don't like to get a video of one of my brothers tortured by them", he ended his story. Laughing bitterly he tried to get rid of those handcuffs. Well I guess that was what he did, not seeing anything was very annoying.

The night went by and because we hadn't anything else to do, we told each other about our families, childhood memories and just things. Sleeping wasn't an option, it was too cold and the ground was hard. Plus he couldn't lay down comfortably.
"What.... What will they do with us?", I whispered frightened. His silence was worse than anything he could have said.
"I don't know, it even surprised me when they decided to take you with them. I could have pretended I didn't care about you, but I hid you and they're not that stupid." Swallowing I nodded a bit. "On a scale from one to ten, how bad are they?", I had to ask. Feeling he shook his head I know he didn't want to talk about them and frighten me more, but I wasn't able to forget them. I shouldn't know too much about them, so he told me about his brothers, Michael, Fred and Ben. Michael was the oldest, he was 12 and thought he was adult and able to handle everything. Fred was 9 and Ben 8. The way he talked about them told me he really loved them. Although it was the most uncomfortable night ever, at last I fell asleep. Dozing a bit I immediately woke up when John poked me a bit.

"They're coming, I don't know what they will do, but please promise not to freak out okay?", he didn't sound nervous at all, he was prepared for them. The door opened and the light from outside blinded me. I pressed my eyes together and all I could see was the silhouette of a man. The light switched on and I saw it was the man from yesterday. No one moved a muscle, everyone was waiting what would happen next. "Slept well?", he walked towards us. One of the many bodyguards he brought with him kicked against Johnnys ribs while the boss kneed down in front of me, seeming to be fascinated by my facial expressions. "Stop it!", I yelled at him, but all of them just laughed and went on. Desperate and angry I spit into his face. I was shocked about my own courage, but didn't regret it. Not yet.

One of the gorillas grabbed my hair from behind and pushed me against the wall, his forearm pressed against my throat. I gasped, when he slowly pushed me up, so my feet didn't reach the ground anymore. I could hear John swearing and trying to attack the boss, who didn't even notice, he pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped it away. He seemed to be totally calm, that was the scariest. John tried to get up, but the bodyguard only hit him and turned him around so he could see me and the boss who walked towards me now. "You know little girl, there are so many things we could do with you now and John enjoy watching it. You didn't behave very nice you know?" I would have swallowed but I had breathing problems. My feet started to fidget when he moved some hair out of my face, turned around and was on the way to leave the room. The man who pushed me against the wall let go and I fell down to the floor, gasping. "That was a warning", he looked to John, who after that sentence got hit with a gun and passed out. Seeing John lying on the ground I started to attack the bodyguard, but for him I was just like an annoying little cat. But it seemed to be annoying enough he turned round and slapped me. Again everything became blurred, but I didn't care. I was beyond anger, all I wanted to do was to kill them. Every single one. Surprised by my wildness I could land a few hits before he reacted and turned my arm around so I was lying on the ground once again, feeling his breath on my back. Whining I tried to get free, but with the smallest move I made, he turned my arm more and more into a hurtful direction. "Get me some chloroform, she's crazy!", he told the other guys. One of them came back with a cloth and I started to wriggle. No chloroform, no please! He pressed it against my nose and the last thought that shot through my head was John saying 'please promise not to freak out'. Well that failed.