Chapter 39

From now on this would be my personal hell. I just could hope John would hurry up. I crawled into a corner and rolled myself into a ball. I've slipped away twice from Aron now. There wouldn't be a third time. It was impossible to sleep, but I fell in kind of a trance like a dream. I saw leaves falling down from the sky and John standing between them. He was waiting for me. But when I wanted to run up to him, there was an angry Aron stepping between us. I tried to avoid him, but he was always there. Suddenly he slapped me and I shrieked. I didn't realize that I fell asleep. Heavily breathing I remembered it was only a dream. It was normal to have nightmares in a situation like this. In front of me I saw a bottle of water. Thirsty I grabbed it and started drinking. It tasted as good as water barely did before.

Hours passed and I thought about everything that came to my mind. School, John, my family, his family, those gangsters, my friends and what would happen next. The whole time I was playing with my earring. I had found a rhythm how to turn it and I did.

When the door opened I looked at it scared. It was Aron. He came to torture and rape me without any permission or someone who would stop him. Quickly I let the earring fall into my sleeve and hoped it would stay there. I released a whimper when he walked towards me. 'This is the end', it shot through my head. When he reached me I almost screamed. Then I saw he wasn't alone. His boss was standing in the door too. That meant Aron couldn't hurt me without his permission, but at the same time it meant something was going on and I had a bad feeling about that. The way he grabbed my arm wasn't as hurting as it was before, but tight enough I wouldn't slip away. As if I had the possibility to. Ridiculous. They overrated me and my abilities. Pulling me on my feet he dragged me with him. Outside I saw there wasn't just the boss and Aron but also lots of other guys. I swallowed, something was definitely going on and I had no idea what it was. I looked down at my hand and saw a little wound on Aron's skin. It wasn't big, but it seemed to be deep.

Along all the floors and halls we went I realized it was going outside. At least some fresh air before they did whatever with me. From behind I suddenly got a cloth over my head. It covered my whole head and neck and I couldn't breathe easily in it, but I knew it wasn't a thing of choice. They  were bringing me somewhere and I shouldn't know where. The way to the car, where we were obviously going, was easier this time. I didn't struggle that often. Sitting down without seeing something was difficult, but I made it. Inside I felt people sitting close to me and knew one of them was my personal enemy, Aron.

The driving didn't last long, I tried to sit straight and not touch anything or anybody around me. I had the hope that we were going to meet with John and that they would release me. Another night in that place would be my death. Doors opened and closed and I got pulled out. My heart wasn't beating fast, although I expected it to be. I was calm and ready for whatever they'd do. Now I knew how John felt when we both were in that room and they came to get us. Before I could decide if it was a good or a bad feeling I stumbled into a room. Everything was silent, I only heard breathing people, but I felt the tension. Something important was happening right now. I felt eyes starring at me, evaluating what I looked like. Not too good after that time, I guessed. Harshly the cloth was removed and light blinded me. I blinked to get the tears away and slowly the blurriness left.