Chapter 40

First of all I saw an empty space. I was in an old factory, the roof was far above my head. Then I felt someone grabbing my arm. It was the good one, bless it. I looked at the hand which grabbed me and saw a little wound. My eyes went along the arm and stopped at Aron. He was in a bad mood, I could see it on his face. Next to him stood the boss. And some other guys. All of them were fixed on a certain point. I followed that point with my eyes and saw John standing around twenty meters away. When I saw him my heart jumped and so did my body. Second of all I recognized he looked as if he hadn't slept for ages. The dark circles under his eyes looked worse than before. In his hand there was a suitcase and probably it was filled with the money they wanted so badly. In Johns eyes I saw how hopeless he had been and that the video really tortured him. On one hand this showed he really cared, but on the other hand I just wanted to comfort and hug him. "Put your gun down and kick it over", the boss commanded with a harsh voice. Without hesitating John did so.

The gun slid until one of the guys stopped it with his foot. I couldn't stand that noise, it sounded like chalk on a blackboard. "Now the suitcase, would you be so kind?", he asked sweetly like a candy seller. "Release her first", I heard John saying tiredly. All of the fire that made him going on, that was his propulsion, seemed to be dead. "I got a better idea John: Hand it over or watch her die!", the boss yelled, feeling strong with me as his hostage. He knew he could ask for a lot, John would do it to save me. I swallowed, fearing what might follow. They wouldn't kill me, I was their trump, but they weren't squeamish about torture. Suddenly I saw someone sneaking into the room behind John. Should I say something? Maybe he was helping John, but maybe he had the job to kill him. Loud shots told me I wasn't the only one who noticed it. This could be my only chance, I led the earring out of my sleeve slid into my hand and pushed it into Aron's wound as deep as I could, using the sharp side. He screamed terribly, loosening his grip and I started to run over to John who held another weapon now.

The man who sneaked into the room wore a police uniform and he wasn't the only one. Like a hive lots of police men stormed the room just shooting around. Stupid and probably no idea what they were doing. When I was at the middle of the free field a sudden pain hit my shoulder. I wanted to run on, but broke down. Lying on my back with bullets flying around me I took a look. Slowly a red liquidity ran out of it, soaking my shirt. One of the bullets went wrong and found me. Was I going to die now? It still didn't scare me, somehow. Dizzyly I watched how John ran towards me, ignoring all the other things around him. Before he reached me some police men practically jumped on his back. He fought against them, not willingly nor having the time to explain that he didn't intend to hurt me. It wasn't possible to keep my eyes opened anymore and I just saw John getting handcuffed and dragged away from me. Punching one or two in the face he succeeded in getting free before others arrived and took their places. He fought and fidgeted, throwing punches and kicks, trying to get to me, but it was impossible, they were too many.  I closed my eyes, escaping the pain and the reality, closing my hand with the earring to a fist. It was mine and I wouldn't let it go. Not in a million years.