Chapter 11

It was the first time since I've been kidnapped, that I woke up and nothing unexpected happened. Like him next to me or so.

Wow. I probably should enjoy this.

Slowly getting out of bed and rubbing my eyes, I went having a shower and then to the wardrobe, where I had the clothes he gave to me. I found a new sweater of him with pockets. Nice. I wanted to take it over when I felt something hard in the pocket. Carefully I took it out. It was a little book. Very small and it seemed to be a bit older. When I opened it there were a lot of pictures and quotes. A picture of some young boys in front of a white house. There was a small village in the background. A road sign said '5 miles to Carnei'. Never heard of that. The boys were probably him and his brothers. He had a sad childhood, but still it meant something to him and especially his brothers did. I could feel it. The quotes were just so beautiful and true. I loved them. Oscar Wilde as well as other great authors. It was perfect. Kind of his diary I guess. So probably he wouldn't want me to read it. Well that was a bit late now. What should I do? I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable so I would pretend I hadn't found it. Softly I closed it and took it back into the wardrobe.

My hair was still wet when I entered the kitchen. No smell of cinnamon. So he wasn't here. Where could he be? Slowly I walked through the house and found him sitting in front of his guitar in the living room. He was playing a little song, not realizing me. His hands took the guitar so carefully and sweet, it was touching. I didn't want to interrupt him, so I just stayed there watching him. After a while he realized me "oh sorry I didn'tmakebreakfast, well I will go and make it then", he was surprised. "No, no it's okay, I'm fine", I reassured him. Nodding we talked a bit, but he was far away. I didn't know where his thoughts were, but definitely not here. So I decided to let him alone, melancholy gets all of us sometimes.

In the afternoon, he just walked into my room and told me to come with him. What was he planning? He was cool and down, maybe a bit too cool and down. The only way to find it out, was to follow him and so I did. We walked out of the house to the huge dark green van, we've been driving a few times.

Wow. I was thinking about us. I didn't say I or he, I said we.

I was thinking about us.

I should avoid this, familiarity with robbers isn't such a good idea. "Get in", he commanded. Okay seemed as the melancholy turned into coldness and bad mood. Not saying a word, I sat down at the co-driver's seat. Rude he started the motor and drove through the woods pretty fast. When we crossed the first street an hour had passed. Yep we really were in the middle of a wood. He wasn't lying. Could I just open the door of the car, jump out, hide a bit and then hop the next car? "I wouldn't try to jump out, we're still in the middle of nowhere and I'm not in the mood to run after you", he warned me. The way he read my thoughts was creepy, he knew me better than I did. Well that's not difficult, but still!

Pretending I hadn't been thinking about this, I nodded. We still drove and drove and I was cogitating, if he wanted to take me to another state. Canada would be nice. I've never been in Canada, but I imagined it very idyllic.

The landscape was meaningless and boring. Suddenly we stopped at a parking. We still were on a country road and there was no car around. We were alone.

I had a bad feeling inside of my stomach.