Chapter 3. Big Brother Gabriel

3rd Person POV:

The last couple of days went normal, everyone had their routine to take care of (y/n) until today where she just wasn't having it, nothing would make her quit crying.

Cas would try feeding her different formula to see if that would work, dean would get her all kinds of toys and that didn't work because she didn't want to be put down, and Sam would let her pull on his hair and she seemed content until she started crying again.

Sam's POV:

I started to run out of options, Dean was done and cas was just straight tired even though he didn't need sleep.

I was almost on the last straw when I heard a flutter of wings and a voice that didn't belong to dean or cas.

"Why hello there" the voice said, I slowly grabbed a angel blade and made my grip on (y/n) tighter and slowly turned around.

It was GABRIEL!! "What are you doing here?" I asked, by now dean and cas were also looking dumb founded in the room.

"Well there was a little rumor going around that I had a new baby sister and I had to see if that was true"

I looked down at the little fledgling and Gabriel followed my movements and his eyes went wide.

"Well I see that it is true" Gabriel said while slowly walking to (y/n).

I tried pulling (y/n) closer to me and turning my body away but she wasn't having it and instead got angry and started reaching her hands out towards him.

"There she is, gosh I remember when little Cassie was a little fledgling" Gabriel said.

I looked over at cas and his face looked a little flushed and some tint of pink and dean was smirking.

(Y/n) was laughing and hanging off of Gabriel,
"So are you gonna watch her then so we can get some rest?" I asked, I mean he was an archangel and her older brother and he took care of cas..

"Of course, why wouldn't I want to take care of this little cutie" he said while tickling (y/n).

"Ok well if anything happens to her I swear to go- " yes I know you swear to my dad blah blah blah" Gabriel interrupted me while playing with the little fledgling.

(Y/n) was climbing all over him while laughing so I took the opportunity to get something to eat and get some sleep.

3rd Person POV:

BOOM!!! CLASH!!! the thunder startled everyone and woke everyone up including (y/n).

She started crying hard so everyone was in her room in seconds but of course Gabriel was already on it calming her down.

Gabriel had (y/n) in his arms and carried her to the library and laid down on the couch cuddling her and rubbing her wings and mumbling "shhh and it's gonna be okay"and  slowly her cries calmed down and she fell asleep.

"Gabriel how did you know how to that" cas asked

"Do what?" Gabriel asked "how did you know doing what you did was gonna calm her down?" Cas said

" I knew what I was doing because that's what I did with you Cassie, when you were a little fledgling and there was a storm you would always come to me" Gabriel explained.

Cas stared off in space remembering one of the many nights he went to Gabriel because it was storming...

Flashback:

Cas was sleeping peacefully in a nice dream before a loud clap of thunder woke the little fledgling up.

Cas thought he could handle it and not be a baby but the storm just grew angrier and louder but the little fledgling wouldn't give up so he hid under all the blankets and pillows he had.

BOOM!! CLAP!!! This thunder shook cas to his little bones and he couldn't take it anymore, so he got up as fast as he could and ran to the first person he knew of, who would make him feel better and feel safe.

The little fledgling ran as fast as his little legs could carrying him to his older brothers Gabriel's room.

He ran in just as a flash of lighting came through the room and another clash of thunder shook all of heaven.

The little fledgling was crying with fear and his little wings were wild, he jumped on Gabriel's bed and snuggled into his side and cried even harder as another rumble of thunder came through.

"Aww little Cassie are you all right?"Gabriel whispered but asked, cas just stayed snuggled into his side clinging for dear life.

Gabriel knew about his fear of thunder but he didn't know it was this bad so he did the only thing he could think of, he grabbed the little fledgling and laid little Cassie on his chest and started rubbing his wings and telling him it was gonna be all right.

The rest of the night there was a couple rumbles of thunder here and there that would scare the little fledgling but other than that cas felt safe in his older brothers arms...

Present Time:

Cas snapped out of the flashback and just stared at Gabriel because he knew his older brother put him in the flashback but he wasn't mad he actually felt comforted and strangely missed the way his older brothers took care of him and yes even Lucifer before he fell....

He didn't know quite what to say so he went to turn around to go lay down, he felt exhausted even though he didn't sleep and heard a voice behind him

"Goodnight Cassie" Gabriel said, cas wasn't expecting that but it was weird because he loved his nickname Gabriel gave him while he was little.

"Goodnight Gabriel" cas replied and walked away before Gabriel could see the tears falling from castiels eyes because even though he wouldn't say it out loud he wanted all of his older brothers back looking after him again.

But what he didn't know was that Gabriel did see and it broke his heart to see his baby brother cry so he knew what he had to do...

Author note: cliffhanger!! I hope all you loves like it so far sorry for any grammar or spelling I will go back through and edit it for ya!! But keep on reading, like I said there's a huge turn of events....