Chapter 18. Heated Rain

You woke up with a start and looked around to find the cause but soon was answered when a loud clap of thunder came rumbling through the bunker.

You weren't afraid as much as you used to be but certain rumbles of thunder still got you and this storm seemed to be one of them. You snuggled down in your blankets and hid but even though you couldn't see the lighting you could still hear the thunder perfectly.

Right as you were about to fall back into a deep slumber a huge clap of thunder came through and scared you so bad that the blankets weren't covering it.

You crawled out of your bed as fast as you could and went out into the hallway. You looked around frantically still frightened and your first thought was "find dean he'll know how to calm you down and make you feel safe."

So that's what you did, you made your way down the hallway when you heard voices. You walked quietly down the hallway towards the voices and if you weren't mistaken one voice sounded stressed and the other one mad but concerned.

You were always good at eavesdropping because that's the only way you ever found out anything. So you snuck up and hid behind a corner and looked to see who it was.

It was sam and dean, Sam was sitting in one of the chairs giving dean a sympathetic look while dean was walking back and forth with both of his hands behind his head. I wonder what they're talking about you thought.

Before you were going to go and act like you weren't eavesdropping Sam started to speak.

"Dean if you like her, you like her. I mean do you see the way she acts around you and the way she stares when your not looking? She likes you and you obviously like her so go tell her" he rants.

You turn away, Sam knew that you liked dean and now dean knows!! You turn to see what dean has to say and by now your heart is beating out of your chest.

"Sam for the millionth time I said I. Don't. Like. Her. That way" dean huffed and turned away. Your heart stopped and you were humiliated.

You turned away and by now there was tears threatening to spill over. You were dizzy so when you tried to make your way back to your room you were grabbing at the wall while crying. You were so hurt, you really thought he liked you and you practically loved the man and he turned you down.

Thinking all this made your stomach churn so while you were grabbing onto the wall while walking to your room in tears you put your other hand over your stomach.

You finally made it to your room and started to sob hard. Thank god it started to downpour so it helped muffle your sobs. You wouldn't be able to look at him again without being heartbroken or embarrassed and he obviously didn't want you around because he was always taking care of you. So you did the only thing reasonable.

You were going to leave. You didn't want to carry a lot of things so you got changed into ripped skinny jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt, and your coat and pulled your hair into a messy bun. You pulled on your shoes and was ready even though through all of this you were still shedding tears.

You didn't want to see what you looked like in your mirror because you already knew you looked like a mess so you opened the door and as quick as you could made your way to the stairs while Sam and dean weren't looking and quickly slipped out the door into the unforgiving storm.

~Dean's POV~

I was sitting at the table in the middle of the bunker chugging a beer when I heard heavy footsteps coming my way.

I quickly looked and found Sam with a look of determination on his face and this could only mean one thing, we were gonna talk.