Chapter XVII

"Get out," Landon tells him, his head lifting up and glaring at Noah

"If she's your housemate she's my stepsister," Noah tells him, causing all the muscles in my stomach to make it their mission to get up the few things left in my body. "You can't come between us."

My heart instantly falls through the floor. I wish I wouldn't hear the true meanings behind his words, I wish I'd hear the same thing as the boys. No, I wish I wouldn't hear him at all.

"Sir, we need to check your blood levels more precisely," a nurse says and walks in, throwing a few questions into my head. "We need more details about your state to determine if you need a donation as well or not. What you did was dangerous, you gave almost the amount someone can donate per year and we have to check if you'll experience lethal or dangerous effects or not."

"Of course," Noah says, causing my breathing to stop.

He gave me blood. They didn't understand.

Tears fall down, and even though my wrists hurt, I force myself to grab my other hand, hoping for some reason it's gonna help me. It doesn't. I feel like I'm suffocating, but yet, the small amount of air that's left in the room, is the presence of the boys. I've never been more thankful for any of them.

"Fucking bastard," Isaac says, not even trying to be silent.

He follows the nurse out and my suffocating ends, but the air still isn't enough.

"He's the one that gave me blood?" I ask, my tears streaming down my face as I wait for someone's answer. Anyone.

"No," Parker says. His tone makes me feel stupid for asking, as if I should know to one hundred and twenty percents they'd never let that happen.

They'll never let it happen.

The room gets filled with new, fresh air, and I close my eyes for a second. It's unbelievable how much I feared the answer, how much the weight of it was heaving on my shoulders. I bring my hand to my face to wipe my tears, making sure to inhale as much air as my lunges can manage, as if to remind myself of Parker's confirmation, the one that let in all the air. To remind myself that I'm still alive and breathing, not buried, not suffocating, and definitely not with Noah's blood in my veins, keeping me alive.

"Then who did?"

Parker smiles at me and crosses his arms over his chest, leaning back against the wall before saying, "What about you go and catch up with that nurse?"

My heart flips as I in one second glance at all the boys, seeing how Landon with the help of the wall gets up and covers his eyes with his hand, getting dizzy; blood loss.

He gave me blood. He saved me from Noah, he saved me from a lifetime of tears, nightmares and further attempts on hurting myself with the thought of Noah keeping me alive, Noah being the reason to my every breath when he's the one choking me. I can never thank him enough for this. Not because he's kept me alive, but because he without knowing it, saved me from Noah.