Chapter XXXIII

All three of the last handwritings are the same; Landon's

All three of the last handwritings are the same; Landon's. Therefrom my blush.

"This is the only things we could by some magical way get from Phoenix, but Dylan promises he's got your awesome gift ready for you the second you, he means, we, arrive."

I hear the mocking tone in his voice and let out a laugh.

"I can't believe you're all seriously doing this," I say.

"Doing what? Saying happy birthday?"

"You know what."

He smiles.

"It's nothing. We've done nothing."

"Yes you have, all of you. You've done so much more than you should have done in the first place."

"That's because you're our friend," he says and drags a hand through his hair while swallowing. "Well theirs, at least, and... we love you."

I just continue smiling for a few seconds while looking at him. I love them too. I love them more than I thought would ever be possible, and I wish I'd be there right now to give them each a tight hug, but until that, I'm fine with leaning forward and pressing my lips on Landon's. More than fine, actually.

He puts his hand on my cheek, and I pull away a few seconds later to hug his neck.

"You're ruining my schedule," he says when he let's go of me. "We've still got a deadline since we in two hours need to be back at the hostel to pack our stuff."

People throw a glance at us as they walk past, but I try to ignore their attention the best I can. "This is from Kaitlyn. I talked to her yesterday, she told me to get you this from her."

He gives me a box, and when I open it I see a golden BFFWI<3&WLaS2M.13.8.12 wrapped around a small pillow in the box, and I so regret leaving her behind and in the dark and accusing her of calling my mother and everything else. I miss her so much. "She really cares about and loves you. There's not a chance she's gonna call your mum."

"Yeah," I say, trying my best to hold my tears. "I love her too. I forgot that for a while."

"What does that stand for?"

I smile at our childish behavior at fourteen.

"It stands for Best Friend Forever Whom I Love And Who's Like a Sister To Me," I say, for each word moving my finger from letter to letter until I reach the numbers. "Thirteenth of August two thousand and twelve, the day we met."