Chapter XXXVII

The Chinese delivery showed up with the food almost half an hour later

The Chinese delivery showed up with the food almost half an hour later. We were all sitting and watching a boy movie Dylan suggested we'd watch, and we all had a good time. Almost all of us at least. Elaine was quiet the whole time. She barely ate.

"Are you okay?" Parker asked her throughout the whole movie, turning all our gazes towards her.

"Obviously," she'd just answer. "Why wouldn't I be?"

When the movie started coming to an end, Isaac was just texting with Mia, according to Dylan. The frown on Isaac's face was only because he still couldn't believe he was now dating the girl he was crushing on for so long.

"Where are you going?" Gina asks him when he gets up.

"I'll be back in a second," he answers, not lifting his head up from the phone.

"Yeah keep it in your pants, will you?" Dylan says to him. "A dickpick an hour after you two got your shit together isn't the best move," making all the boys burst out laughing.

"Fucking bastard," Isaac just mumbles under his breath and walks up the stairs.

Landon gets up and walks inside the kitchen, a second later yelling, "Elaine!"

She smoothly gets up and follows him, staying there for a good five minutes before he furiously walks out.

"What's with you?" Parker asks him.

"Nothing," he growls.

Iona, Emma, Elaine and Gina stayed for a while. They even ate dinner here, and Elaine was just as quiet throughout the rest of the day. Gina and Emma later went home, but after Isaac convinced Elaine (which took some effort) and Iona convinced Parker, both of them decided to stay the night. Isaac showed up later again and tried talking to us instead of talking to Mia, and Dylan's been mocking him the whole night.

It's now eleven pm and I'm laying in my bed, my head almost dangling down from the edge of the bed as I'm holding a book I'm trying to read in the air, the way Kaitlyn studies. Apparently, when she's too tired, she drops the book on her face and that wakes her up and she continues studying.

"Come in," I say when knocks are heard on my door. I don't turn to look who my guest is; I need to finish the four last rows of chapter eleven.

"Studying?" I hear Landon say laughingly as he sits down, probably on his knees, and puts his arms on my bed. "Come on."

He takes the book from my hands and I see his face above mine.