~ The Future ~

~
Approximately 1000 words, not a lot :)
~

Hi guys, Michelle here, literally a year after finishing this story. I'm here to explain the one year absence of me and my writing and come with a few suggestions.

If you've checked out my profile wall, you've seen my spam over the past twenty four hours and how excited I have been due to the sudden escalation of interest that this book has received, literally in the past twenty four hours, I mean it's insane. I'm still in shock and go back to see the reads and comments to believe how invested all of you have been in this story, after personally having lost motivation to write the past year.

Truth to be told, I wrote one book named Winter's Coming during the first quarantine (fuck, that statement hurt my soul), and I started my fourth book that currently is called A Letter to Him, after finishing Winter's Coming. I did, actually, publish the first chapters of Winter's Coming, but as mentioned, I had no motivation, so I took it down. However, after all the kind comments on this book, that I try checking and replying to as soon as I can, I was reminded of why I'm doing this in the first place. Now, I come with a few suggestions, hoping to get your opinion on what I should do next.

I have so many story ideas flying in my brain and I just wanna scribble all of them onto paper at the same time to start thinking of new ideas, but my future plan is one out of five options;

a) Publish a new story, either Winter's Coming or A Letter to Him (I'll post a blurb and sneak peak into both and you'll get to choose which one I should publish first).

^ Since I've started these two books and finished the first one (still needs reviewing and correction), it won't take as long and updates will be made often and regularly.

or......

b) Present some of my other ideas to give you more options as to what story you wanna see come to life.

^ If this is what you guys want, updates will take longer time, and the start will also take a while since we'll have to choose an idea and I need to plan, and if you've followed me throughout The Daughter of the Gangleader and Fixing Her, you know that's not my best quality. However, once we get on the road again, things will roll on smoothly. The start will just be a little rough.

or..............

c) A spin-off, from Dylan's perspective as her bestie, but also with most focus on what happened when she "disappeared" after the times Noah showed up, what happened during hers and Landon's absence; and obviously, KAITLYN ! Hello??!?!!!

^ Time isn't the biggest problem here since the story will be parallel to this one, and I do have answers for all of it, as an author I think of a hundred percent and only put down ten into paper unfortunately, so don't worry about the time. However, planning and the start will be a little slow, but as said, don't worry about it.

d) A sequel to Fixing Her......

^ If this is what you guys want, it'll most likely take the longest time to get on with and write since I only have details in my brain and never thought I'd actually put it all into action. I have some sort of idea what's gonna happen and the loose threads are there, but the filling out and all that you know, the planning, mainly, will take some time.

e) Spin-off + Sequel (in preferred order)

Thing is, to be completely honest with you all, when I finished this book literally a year ago, I wasn't ready to say goodbye and let go of these characters whom I genuinely fell in love with (if I'm allowed to say that lol), and KNOW that so many of you fell in love with as well. This is mainly because I feel like I put my characters through so much misery (I mean it is a very serious and draining book in that sense, it's not supposed to be anything but heartbreaking), but if you've followed the whole story, you know they're all so fucking beautiful and deserved better, and I just wanna give them that, you know? They got a fairytale ending, but I just wanna do a little more for them, give them happiness and kind of compensate for their pain, but also yours as their audience. Why I didn't do it immediately was because I felt like it would ruin the effect of the story you know?

I've got some ideas for a sequel, and I have dropped hints and left some threads loose since, as said, I never really was ready to end it, so.. let me know what you guys think. Comment below, anything from a single emoji to a longass essay that I will read and reply to with an even longer essay;

Winter's Coming or A Letter to Him ??

More options ??!

Spin-off ??

Sequel ??

I love you guys so much, thank you for reminding me of why I started writing and for your kind words and your time and trust and support throughout this book especially, all my other characters are so so valuable to me, whether they be characters of Fixing Her or The Daughter of the Gangleader, but this story is just so important and I knew I had to tell it and I'm so grateful I did and shared it and I'm so grateful for everything I learned throughout this journey with this book specifically, since it brings up so many different perspective on such an important issue; Hayden's as the survivor, Landon representing the frustrated person not knowing what to do and say in that position, the boys as her friends, Kaitlyn's as the "betrayed" friend, you know, all that. I didn't know how much fictional characters could affect someone until I created them. I've reread Fixing Her countless times to look for things to correct or reply to comments or just to once more fall in love with them, and the character development of all of them, I'm just so proud of every single one.

I'm done with my rant now, make sure to tell me what you want me to do next, I personally know where my vote is, I wanna know your thoughts.

Also, going back to the reason I'm suggesting a sequel in first place; the questions risen. I have gotten some questions through dms and the comments that I feel the need to answer, so I'm going to take that in an extra chapter following this one, only for a Q&A where I answer the most asked questions, and where you can comment questions as well.

Thank you so much again for trusting me with your time, it's so valuable to me cause I know how valuable time really is, hope y'all are safe and sane in these times, I love you all, bye til next time.

xx Michelle ♡