Chapter XXVI

~This chapter will contain an attempted sexual assault that might and will be triggering to some readers

~
This chapter will contain an attempted sexual assault that might and will be triggering to some readers. It is on one paragraph and ends as soon as it starts, so this is a heads up to be mentally and emotionally ready. If not, there will, just as always, be two rows of •~• marking the start and ending of the scene.
xx Michelle
~

I shut my eyes tightly and try holding back my sobs, scratching my hand with my nails really harshly and hoping I'll wake up and realize this is a terrible nightmare. "He's... he's the one doing this to you....?"

"I'm sorry," I whine.

"He's doing this? He's the reason you moved from Minneapolis? Why you didn't want his blood, your behavior at the party, how bad you reacted when you found out he's my.... he...."

"I'm sorry."

"No!"

His words aren't just as silent, he screams those two letters out. He stands up quickly and looks down at me. "No! How can he do this?! How can he do this to you? How...."

I hear my door open and see the silhouettes of the other boys, knowing they're all wondering what's going on.

"What's going on?" Parker asks, but I ignore him. "Landon? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He's hyperventilating, his hands in his hair as he walks around in my room.

"How the fuck can he do this?!"

I stand up and try to ignore Isaac's attempt of talking to me.

"What going on?" Thomas asks.

"Landon," Dylan calls for him, grabbing his face in his hands. "Calm down bro, whatever the fuck it is we'll solve it, calm down."

Dylan seems to calm him down, because the pace of his breathing starts coming down.

He walks over to my wall and rests his head against it, and I take some cautious step towards him. None of the boys are moving, they just watch the movie they're a part of and try connecting the dots as well.

I wipe my tears and put my hand on his shoulder from behind him.

"Landon I'm so sorry, I didn't wanna tell you, I didn't wanna hurt anyone."

He turns around. His eyes are puffy and red, dead, almost. As if all life and energy has been sucked out of his body.