Chapter XXXVIII

Elaine didn't show up at the house anymore, and Isaac was out of his mind angry for a good few days

Elaine didn't show up at the house anymore, and Isaac was out of his mind angry for a good few days. He didn't come home a few nights, and that's not because he was at the station. Iona very happily told me that they all dropped the whole station thing. No fighting, no racing, not even betting. He just simply doesn't come home until the next morning.

I asked Dylan about Kaitlyn and I was right; he likes her. I haven't told any of them about the other one, I'm waiting until Kaitlyn shows up. They, however, have each other's numbers now and they're talking pretty much, either texting or being on the phone for hours. When I call Kaitlyn nowadays at two am, she declines and sends me a text reading, "Sry, Dylan. T 2 u later? Kisses" and I just shake my head, smiling for myself and go to sleep.

We're now back to school since the Christmas holidays are over and the exams are rolling in. Thomas has been stressed out even more, if possible. He's lost track of time and once he even asked if his name is written with an H after the T or not. Dylan and Landon found this funny until they were pulled into a tornado of papers and questions and answers they didn't know and hours of studying with Elaine, Emma and Parker, who also have their exams together with Isaac since it's their last year at university. I've been participating in the discussions as well (unlike Isaac), and I can gladly say Elaine and Emma's classes got me a B in my social studies essay.

The past two weeks, these have been our lives; school, Elaine's place since she refuses to come to ours, home, study until past midnight with Landon, Dylan, Thomas and sometimes Iona, go to sleep at two am after trying to talk to Kaitlyn, who somehow still finds time to talk to Dylan for hours a few times a week. What's surprising me is that none of them has told the other one yet because after so much talking, I expected them to talk, but no. Landon said his money were on that they won't talk until sports break, Isaac said his money are on the summer break. He's been really stressed out too since he isn't taking Elaine's help, which he needs. Even though he's smart, Dylan told me he wouldn't make it through university without sixteen year old Elaine's help. She's got an incredible IQ and least to say, she got hundred percent on the ATE test.

They've all used the pool a lot more ever since the exams and essays started, to relax their minds and bodies, and I have too; school is exhausting.

"You're fucking twenty four Isaac, not seventeen!" Parker's screaming is the first thing I hear when I enter the house. "You're supposed to talk, not poison the whole fucking shit like this!"

"Don't tell me what to do," Isaac growls. I walk inside the living room and see them fighting. Parker's veins are showing, that's how mad he is.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Nothing," Isaac says. "He's giving himself the right to interfere in my life."

"I'm your fucking best friend, it's my job to interfere in your life. You shouldn't have kissed her when you had no intention of staying with her, when you have feelings for someone else, Isaac you're using her."