Chapter XX

"Hayden?"

"Hayden?"

I've woken up like this multiple times. Every time I've passed out people have been sitting around me, as if I'm some artwork at museum that they couldn't take their eyes off, and they've always tried to wake me up by calling my name times over, and at the end I've slowly opened my eyes and told them I'm fine. This time isn't any different, until I wake up. This time, my eyelids fly open, and I push myself away from whoever's surrounding me.

"Hayden! Hayden calm down!"

I can't exactly connect the voice with a face, and I don't really care either. A hand grabs my arm, and as a reflex I get more violent.

"Isaac let her go."

Isaac immediately let's go and I keep backing away until my head hits something.

"What the fuck happened?"

I focus harder and see the boys gathered around me, and I'm once again in Dylan's bed.

"Hayden look at me."

Dylan sits down on the edge of the bed and I immediately hold my hand up.

"Dylan no," I say. "Stay there."

"What happened?"

"What did he do?" Parker asks, his voice dead serious.

"Noting, he did nothing," I spit out faster than my heart beats.

"Look me in the eyes, and tell me he didn't do anything."

Parker sits down on the edge as well, looking in my eyes and craving an answer.

"He didn't," I say, repaying his look with one of my own as I try to stay stable.

"He didn't what?"

I swallow.

"He didn't, do anything."

I storm out of the room and into the guest bathroom downstairs, just in time to empty the few things I've eaten throughout the day. My throat burns really badly. I wash the sink and look in the mirror a few seconds. This is me? This is how I'm supposed to be?

I walk out of the bathroom and see the boys waiting for me outside.

"Hayden what happened?" Isaac asks. "We know he did something, what did he do?"

"He didn't do anything, why is that so hard to believe?" I exclaim. "He's your best friend, you should trust him, not me."

"I'm asking one last time," Parker says and takes a step forward, making my heart beat a little faster. "Did he do anything?"

"No. We just fought."

"Okay."

He walks away, and I know this isn't the end of the story. This episode has a very strong to be continued at the end.