5. dreaming

jungkook stared at his eye-baggy and messy haired reflection in the tiny bathroom mirror. it was four am and the dim lamp on the bedroom night stand was the only light on shining through the open door.

the bathroom looked like an old lady decorated it; the floor tiles had pink flowers on them and there was framed pictures of renaissance angels and flowers by the shower. but everything was clean and smelt like vanilla.

jungkook twisted the silver taps, letting water run quietly in the night air. he leaned over the sink, tiredly splashing water across his cheeks to wake himself up more. the brisk water burned his sleep deprived skin, little stinging sensations shocking him out of his half asleep state. standing up straight and looking at himself, water droplets streaming down his face and onto the floor, he sighed, exhausted breath escaping his lips.

ignoring the water streaming down onto his shirt and matting his bangs, he pressed the home button on his phone, unlocking it and apprehensively scrolling through his contacts. before he called the one labelled boss he stared up at the ceiling, praying that he could just forget about all of this and never ever remember any of it.

"it's four in the morning, kook," a voice on the other end sleepily mumbled.

"i know," jungkook half whispered, "i'm gonna wake everyone up if i talk too loud, so just listen. i cant stay here, i messed up real bad, and i'm getting on the train again in an hour and going wherever it takes me. so if you need me, don't expect me to be here cus i won't. goodbye."

before they had a chance to say anything, he hung up and locked his phone, shoving it back in his pocket.

he didn't bring much; his wallet, his phone, the ugly windbreaker, and of course the stupid gun, and he hadn't eaten in since he got on the train and his stomach grumbled. a headache was starting to come on because he decided he'd just lay awake all night until he had to break out.

he realized by looking out the window (that also had grandma curtains) his room was only two stories up, so he could just jump into the parking lot and leave without anyone noticing.

honestly jungkook didn't want to go. he wanted to stay in this little farm town forever, see those bakeries and stay in this little old lady room for a while. but he knew that would be impossible considering the situation last night. time to find a new town and try again.

he turned the taps off and left the bathroom, making his way to the bed, grabbing his windbreaker and slipping it over his shirt that was a bit sweaty from exhaustion. without hesitation, he walked towards the window, ready to leave this behind. he ran his shaky hands across the sides of the window when he realized the biggest mistake in his plan.

tHE WINDOW DOESNT FUCKIGNGN COME OFF.

jungkook, his face still soaking wet and dripping on the carpet, fell back on the bed into the soft sheets and blankets. he could feel his ears burning up from anger. now what??? he thought. but before he could think anymore, he started to drift off into sleep, dreaming of cute bakeries and probably being stuck in the old lady room for a while.