44. thinkin bout you

taehyung doesn't know when he fell asleep, but he did, and he fell asleep on jungkook again. it's probably past twelve pm as he carefully climbs over jungkook's asleep body and made his way out of the bedroom, quietly clicking the door shut.

he'd made a few decisions that night. he knew he couldn't be with jungkook forever, and that eventually this would all come crashing down.

as he searched through the modern kitchen for food, because for whatever reason this fancy ass place was stocked for the apocalypse, he tried to connect his thoughts.

jungkook's gonna get in trouble soon. i can feel it. that namjoon's probably setting him up. i'll be sent home, or to prison with him because i ran from the police, or to an asylum cuz i clearly have stockholm syndrome, and life will never be the same. he found a chocolate flavoured cereal and meekly opened the box, eating pieces with his hands.

then i'll be alone forever. no no no, that's crazy person thinking, that's what'll get me into a mental hospital, but i mean who will want to date jeon jungkook's boyfriend, taehyung continued munching on the sweet cereal.

his thoughts were interrupted as a dreamy heavy-eyed jungkook appeared in the kitchen. "whatcha doing?"

taehyung looked down at the cereal. "i-i, um, cereal???"

jungkook smiled as he briskly stretched, internally laughing at the sight of bed-head taehyung eating cereal out of the box with his hands at one pm.

-

halfway through the evening of lounging on the couch, eating miscellaneous snacks, gazing out the window at the city, and napping, jungkook remembers he needs to start prepping for the fight. he hadn't worked out in weeks.

he's still thinking about the events of last night as he makes his way to the hotel gym; taehyung's unfamiliar behaviour, hanging up immediately, all of it. it made him wonder if there was something deeper going on.

no, that's just my hitman conspiracy brain, wth, jungkook thought as he slid his card into the lock and began hustling.

meanwhile, taehyung was curled up under blankets upon the couch, watching friends on the flatscreen tv. he had a blank stare on his face as he glanced at the boxes of crackers and chips on the table in front of him.

silently caving into the desire for more, he munched on all of the snacks.

he still felt gross from the day before and he hadn't brushed his hair in a while, which was not normal for him. honestly, he had bigger things to worry about.

-

as jungkook unlocks his phone to play his workout playlist, which he doesn't regularly use for obvious reasons, he notices the overflowing inbox of unread messages from hoseok.

"god," jungkook sighs as he reads over the hundreds of messages from his boss, begging for forgiveness. he texts a fake 'it's fine,' and decides to put his phone away.

-

taehyung some what wishes that he followed jungkook to the gym, but then again, he has zero interest in being in any gym.

as the sun sets over the horizon and beautifully casts shadows on buildings upon buildings, his eyes flutter shut as he falls asleep again.

-

hoseok sits in his office, running his hands through his hair. stress overwhelmed him as he meekly looked over documents upon documents and tried to come a conclusion that just wasn't there.

the truth was going to come out.

-

suddenly, the land line phone rings.

taehyung jumps, his soft hair bouncing from the pillows in static strands. the tv glares in the dark as the same friends rerun plays over and over again.

quickly but timidly waddling over to the phone, he picks up and is comforted to hear jungkook's voice on the other end.

"shower and put on some clothes from my backpack. then meet me downstairs at nine."