29. orange fanta

"taehyung," a soft knock on the door startled taehyung awake again. he looked to see where the noise was coming from, and a jungkook was halfway through the door.

taehyung looked at him.

"hey," he said, quiet as to not disturb him, closing the door behind him. "are you hungry?"

taehyung nodded and shrugged off his robe, standing up and yawning a little yawn.

jungkook waited for him at the door, and taehyung eventually came downstairs with him.

mostly everyone was gone. hoseok had went up to one of the rooms, and jin was no where to be found. jungkook found a plate and taehyung shovelled the white meat pieces of turkey and pastas and samgyeopsal onto it.

"hey," jungkook said again, a bit tipsier. "what do you want to drink?"

"something," taehyung murmured with worried eyes as jungkook ran his finger over expensive wine bottles and specialty drinks. jungkook stopped his hand on an orange fanta.

he carried it up to taehyung's room because taehyung's hands were full, and slid the keycard through the lock.

taehyung set his plate onto the glass table and turned around to face jungkook. jungkook had that calm dreamy look on his face, with his hair wispily falling over the sides of his face. "here," he said relaxed, handing taehyung his fanta, leaving fingerprints over the condensation. fingerprints they probably had on file.

taehyung nodded politely and gently opened it, making a crackling noise and causing bubbles to escape. jungkook laughed at him as he tried to catch all of them in his mouth.

as jungkook was about to turn around and leave, taehyung grabbed his shoulders.

"wait," taehyung said in a whisper.

"what's wrong?"

taehyung rested his head onto jungkook, running his dainty fingers over the front of jungkook's dress shirt that felt like cotton and smelt like chanel.

he wasn't sure what he was trying to do.

he thought of the bed and breakfast. the train rides. the cabin. the police chase. of everything.

taehyung looked into jungkook's eyes, glimmering in the night, and carefully lifted his chin to his, planting a soft kiss onto jungkook's lips.

taehyung's lips tasted like orange fanta.

jungkook's tasted like something taehyung couldn't name. maybe danger.

"i like you, too, jungkook," taehyung murmured, his heart beating fast, his cheeks a shade of pink.

jungkook closed his eyes, letting his head fall onto taehyung's small shoulder in a catastrophe of brown hair. he softly laughed.

"yeah, me too."