49. blankets

taehyung lay curled up with freshly washed hair in the back seat of jin's car, layered in neutral tone fuzzy blankets as they drove through bending scenic highways littered with blue skies and hazey sun.

jungkook sat in the passengers seat with his feet up on the dashboard, digging into a package of chocolate covered almonds. his face was bruised with dark colours, but nonetheless, he was smiling.

"you recognize this place?" jungkook happily says to a drowsy taehyung, who looks out the window to see the middle of nowhere.

but that's what he called home.

the familiar country side of geochang made taehyung light up with happiness, smiles all around in the car, especially jungkook, who couldn't help but crack up as he saw the surprise and wonder on taehyung's face.

jin laughed as he steered the wheel, driving through this beautiful place.

-

the decorative fairy lights shone even in the day light as jin parked by the side walk of the familiar street. 

holding his bag of cashmere sweaters and the cartier bracelet from jin, which he promised to treasure forever, he exited the car and thanked jin for all of his favours. jungkook exited, too.

"i love you," taehyung stood on his tiptoes to kiss jungkook, softly and sweetly. "i remember your number and i won't forget it, and if we're lucky, i'll see you at six."

jungkook stares at the pastel buildings and cute shops, thinking back to the day he first came here. deja vu hit him hard. who knew it would change his entire life?

as taehyung departed, happily making his way up the street, jungkook gets a fleeting thought that he'll never see him again. but as soon as taehyung turns around and flashes his boxy smile, it all goes away.

it'll all be okay, jungkook thought as he climbed back into jin's car, happy for the first time in his life.