8. pink dress

thankfully all of the tourists were gone out and about because it would probably be pretty concerning to see a five foot and ten inches tall boy being dragged by his wrists down the wood-walled bed n breakfast hallway, but to jeongguk it wasn't that unusual.

"i'll scream and then everyone will hear you, you creep," the boy hiss-whispered, glaring up at the composed dark-haired man with his grip on him.

jeongguk just rolled his eyes at all the empty threats, continuing to pull him down the hall to the elevator. the boy wasn't exactly heavy; he was just long legged awkward and it was hard to drag people on carpets. and it didn't help that he was squirming around.

the boy sighed and hopelessly took his gaze off jeongguk, focusing his attention up at his tan wrists which were now sensitive and starting to get red rings around them from the tight grip. he thought about how nice it was before any of this happened and wished he never even met him, never mind being thrown on the ground and being abducted in plain sight. but he also felt guilty and pathetic like it was all his fault.

jeongguk kept his focus on the boy, who had his bangs splattered all over his forehead and was exhaustedly huffing with puffy lips which he assumed happened from all the crying.

"listen, i can't exactly drag you out the door, so um," jeongguk said when the finally reached the elevator, dragging him inside and setting him on his butt on the floor, trying to think of how to get this over with. "you're gonna have to hold my hand."

the boy went silent for a minute and then got incredibly agitated, staring up at him and hissing from the dusty gray elevator floor. "hold your hand???? your stupid haNd????"

suddenly to both of their annoyance, the elevator dinged making and a small hunchback-ed elderly lady with dark curly hair and a pink button up dress walked in.

immediately jeongguk straightened his posture grabbed the boy's hand, intertwining them and smiled brightly at the lady.

shocked and disturbed, the boy looked up at him and then down at their hands and scowled, trying to wriggle his fingers away from him, not wanting to be touched by this monster anymore. when jeongguk noticed, he tightened his grip again, causing more red marks.

he sighed, quietly looking around the elevator for some sort of escape, but he knew it wasn't gonna happen. he was stuck in jeongguk's hand until he would let go of him. maybe then he could press all the buttons and then make his escape???

the lady cluelessly looked them up and down, smiling a cute soft old lady smile. "you boys here for the summer?" she questioned.

"mhm," jeongguk hummed, still trying to smile, which confused the boy considering he was usually glaring and mumbling or yelling and pointing a gun at him. he guessed he had to put on the act of a normal person but this definitely wasn't a normal situation.

"it's hot outside today!!! you better put sunscreen on!!! i bet you're going to the lake today," she cooed, looking at the handsome bright-eyed man and what she assumed to be his partner in distress.

"actually we are!" jeongguk nodded, trying to look surprised and keep up the act as the elevator neared the second floor, hoping the lady would get off already.

"no we're not," the boy interrupted, staring down at his sneakers and dress pants. "and he's abducting me."

"he's just grumpy because i woke him up too early," jeongguk smiled, stroking the boy's dainty hand with his thumb, trying to prove to the lady he wasn't.

"oh i know how it is, that's how my grandson is, too. anyways, maybe we'll see you later!!!" finally the elevator dinged again and she hobbled out of the elevator.

jeongguk loosened his grip on the boy, relieved for all of that to be over. the boy just stood in silence and felt like he was going to throw up.

finally the elevator reached the main floor with the lobby and warm lamps. without hesitation as the doors opened jeongguk grabbed the boy's hand as hard as he could and pulled him out of the elevator, leaving it empty and nothing more than a memory. the boy thought about his plan to press all of the buttons or something, but it was too late. he miserably held onto jeongguk as they walked by the thicc desk he should have been sitting at and over the welcome mat, out into the street with fairy lights. jeongguk could feel and knew that the boy was crying again, but he didn't mind this time.