13. pizza

taehyung sat slumped over at the kitchen island on a barstool, silently doodling circles with his fingers on the counter in the dark to occupy himself while jeongguk fumbled around trying to get the lights to work.

the cloudy skies had turned into a full on rain shower pouring down on the glossy windows with angry thunder rumbling in the distance. taehyung's dress pants were all dusty from being dragged out of the taxi and he felt embarrassed that he'd worn the same thing for what felt like forever. with a small frown on his lips and puffed out cheeks resting in his palm he abruptly quit drawing.

"i wanna go home."

jeongguk stepped away from the switches with his eyebrows furrowed. standing quietly in silence, his droopy sleepy eyes wandered over to the gloomy taehyung who was still ignoring his actions and sleepily watching the rain.

"i know," jeongguk said running his hand through his hair while looking at the box of unnamed switches and groaning at the thought of having to try again.

"i said i wanna go home," taehyung stubbornly repeated lifting his head up to glare at jeongguk like an grumpy five year old. "take me home."

"i'm not gonna do that," jeongguk said rolling his eyes, going back to the frustrating switches flicking on the power and smirking to himself.

taehyung squinted as jeongguk turned on the kitchen light which was a ceiling light with warm bulbs that lit up the kitchen so he could finally see where they were going to be staying. it was pretty cozy; small with wood cupboards but no refrigerator or oven.

it wasn't modern but it wasn't rustic and the corners were dusty which made taehyung's inner housekeeper scream. he sat at the small island in the middle of the kitchen and behind was a soft leather couch and a bedroom. at this point he didn't even want to ask where they were or how jeongguk got it or knew about it.

taehyung's eyes drifted past everything and focused on jeongguk who was staring at him with his arms crossed, clearing his throat with his messy dark hair and his damp bangs stuck to his forehead. taehyung narrowed his eyes and felt his tummy grumble.

jeongguk ignored the boy's passive aggressive protest and pulled his cellphone out of his jean pocket. "you like pizza?"

taehyung kept quiet while jeongguk turned his phone on and quickly pressed on the phone app, typing a number into it and holding it up to his ear. taehyung let his cheek rest on his outstretched arm and sighed a breath of relief. finally this stupid bich is gonna fEED me.

"hi, still open? place a delivery for two pepperoni pizzas?" jeongguk covered the phone and looked at taehyung holding his grumbly stomach. "wait, no, two pizzas."