6. suspect

it's twelve pm by the time jungkook woke up, tangled in the comfy sheets and blankets sprawled across the bed, with his eyebrows furrowed again. the sun was beaming in and the sky was bright blue. the weather was really nice today.

jungkook glared at the window that failed him last night, his eyes scanning suspiciously over the room in a heavy sleepy gaze. he was always on high alert; it was part of his training to notice the small things.

he noticed the pastel wallpaper; it was a yellow-y colour with little pink and blue flowers decorating every inch, and a dark wooden table sat perfectly with an old boxy tv on it. he realized that everything still smelt like vanilla. it was a sweet little place; even though everything was old fashioned, it was all polished and dust-free.

when his eyes met the mahogany door, he noticed something off. it had clearly been unlocked and someone had been in the room because jungkook definitely didn't walk around with his shoes on the carpet.

that's when he saw what he should have to begin with; a breakfast tray with small silver plates of buttered toast, sausages, and eggs on the foot of his bed for him.

wiping the sleep out of his eyes and yawning, he sat up straight to examine the food. there was a small card placed on the tray with familiar dainty cursive writing on it, reading: "goodmorning, mr hyo, you wouldn't answer the phone so we didn't know what to make you for breakfast. — kth."

jungkook held the card in his hand, flipping it over suspiciously a couple of times. kth??? who tfs name is kth?????

sighing and blinking at the bright sunlight, jungkook considered maybe if the food was poisoned or something bad was done to it. the toast was a little bit burnt, but he was big hungry and probably couldn't get out of bed if he didn't eat something.

poking at the sausages with his fork and picking one up, he started to eat his breakfast. he tried to eat slowly at first, but ending up inhaling everything in a few minutes.

drinking the complementary orange juice and discarding the tray and dirty silverware on to the floor and feeling like a mom at a spa day, he untangled himself from the blankets and sat against the headboard. he didn't really think he'd be going out for the next couple of days, so he decided a little tv wouldn't hurt. he curiously reached around for the remote on the nightstand and flicked the on button.

jungkook's heart sank. the tv static blurred into a news report with pictures of him next to the words "breaking news."

"jeon jungkook, a suspect in the string of hired murders of over twenty successful business men in korea has reportedly been missing for twenty four hours. he is said to be armed and dangerous. he is five foot ten, has dark eyes, and is most likely in disguise. this leads further into the investigation of underground crime in seoul—"

suspect????? misSING??? no n o n ono no no n on on o absoluteLy not. jungkook slammed his orange juice down on the nightstand and pulled all the blankets off the bed, frantically searching for his phone.

when he finally found it, he powered it back on and quickly scrolled through his contacts, finding the one called boss again.

"what the fuck, jung hoseok," jungkook gritted out when he finally picked up, his ears burning red again from anger.

"what???" hoseok, jungkook's boss and head of the majority of mafia business in seoul, said on the other line.

"you know what. you reported me??? to the police???"

"i didn't know what you were going to do, gguk. calling me at four am?? i was scared!!! you could've done something bad," hoseok tried to argue with the frantic boy.

"yes but the problem is that i've already done something bad, ya know, all the people you make me murder, i killed them, stuff like that," jungkook rolled his eyes, shutting the curtains, paranoid that the whole town of geochang was spying on him.

"we own the police, jungkook. don't be like that."

"don't be like what??? i told you i messed up and im stuck here now and some weird boy downstairs knows i have a gun and saw my face and ohmygosh does he have nice handwriting but i'm literally going to be murdered, hoseok, the police are gonna know exactly where i am and-" jungkook was frantically pacing, running his hands through his hair.

"jeon. jung. kook," hoseok tried to calm him down. "you're fine. if anyone finds you, they're just gonna have to bring you back to me."

"you know that's a lie," jungkook huffed, matter of factly.

"yeah!!! but i'm just trying to reassure you. the reason you're even in this mess was because you wanted to break away from your job. anyways, i gotta get my nails done now. bye bye!!!"

that lil bich, jungkook thought, rolling his eyes. he hung up and plopped down on the foot of the bed, knowing he'd have to leave now.

he shoved his phone in his windbreaker pocket, and not wanting to forget this little yeehaw town and the comfy grandma bed n breakfast memories, he grabbed the handwritten note and shoved it in his pocket, too.