34. donuts

the bmw pulled to a stop.

at least taehyung guessed it was a bmw because he saw the emblem on the steering wheel.

he gulped.

seconds seemed to inch by as the man shifted into park, then methodically removed his sunglasses revealing sharp almond shaped brown eyes, glancing at taehyung in the back seat.

"you good?" he said with a deep voice, which sounded deeper than taehyung's in some aspects. taehyung had a graceful voice, smooth and flavourful and fragile. this man was just all solid.

well, not fuckign really considering we're parked in a corn field beside a creepy gas station, taehyung thought as he didn't make an answer. the man just shrugged and got out.

taehyung slumped down. if he was brave, he'd crawl into the front seat and drive away. but if jungkook was following) which he'd convinced himself was true) how would he ever find him?

the man came back with a cold sprite and powdered donuts, tossing the donuts into the backseat, nearly hitting taehyung in the head.

"enjoy," he said almost disappointedly as they took off again.

meanwhile, jungkook was on a road trip of his own, definitely following but taking a different direction.

the cadillac was driving smooth but he still felt like they were lagging along. hoseok had just woken up from a ten minute nap and had his slippers up on the dashboard.

"soooo, tell me about him," he said as he propped himself up on his elbows, ready to hear all the gossip like they were girls having a slumber party.

"i don't need to, i'm not in high school," jungkook muttered, resentfully eating the leftover yogurt pretzels. his brain hurt and stress eating was sort of helping.

"you should be," hoseok remarked, emphasized by pointing his finger at the boy. "now tell me. c'monnnn, i know you want toooo."

jungkook resisted at first, but then gave in. "you were the one who took me out of school. but fine," he sighed, taking his hands off of the steering wheel as there wasn't anyone else on the highway at the moment and rubbing his eyes. "he's normal. he's perfect and normal and doesn't do anything wrong. i have a soft spot for him. and i'll do anything to get him back. fuck, i don't know what namjoon's gonna pull, but i still want to do this."

hoseok just nodded as jungkook continued talking, occasionally murmuring small "uh-huhs" and "hms."

after admitting all of his feelings, jungkook's shoulders sank down defeatedly.

"even if, like you said, this goes no where and i never see him again afterwards, i still want to save him now."