*Upside down* (Taekook)

Edited~

Told from Tae's POV btw

"Are you sure I have to go?"

"Yes, honey. It's only for a year. You're a senior. You'll graduate before you know it and then you can do whatever you like with your life."

"But-"

"But for now you are living under my roof so you live under my rules. Now grab your bag and I'll drive you to school."

"Yes, ma'am." I pick up my bag and get in my mom's car. She drops me off at school and drives away to work. I walk up the sidewalk to the building but see something strange off to my right. I walk closer and see it's a boy, hanging upside down off a tree branch. His shirt falls toward his head, showing a sliver of his abs. "Why are you upside down?"

"It helps me think." I hear the shrill sound of the school bell. 

"Aren't we gonna get in trouble if we don't go to class?" He laughs a little and pulls himself upright. 

"Nah. See?" He hangs back down and shows his phone screen to me. It's upside down so I can't understand much but he explains. "I hacked the system so I show that I attended all my classes."

"That's so cool!" He smiles.

"Here, let me see your phone." I pass it to him. He clicks a few buttons then restarts it all together. "When it turns back on everything should be set."

"Awesome!"

"You're new, aren't you?" I smile sheepishly.

"How'd you know."

"Well, if you weren't you wouldn't have come over here."

"Why not?"

"That's none of your concern." I sling my bag off my shoulders and set it on a picnic table nearby. 

"So, what ya thinkin' about?"

"Huh?"

"You said hanging upside down helps you think."

"I'm not really thinking about anything. It just clears my mind."

"Can I join you?"

"Uh, sure." He watches me as I climb the tree and sit next to him. I opt out of hanging upside down though. We sit there for the rest of the day, talking about everything and nothing.