Watercolor (2seok)

Edited~

Jin had moved from his parent's house at 17. He found a small apartment in Seoul and stayed there. He fought to make a living and eventually was able to do what he loved. Painting. Or sketching rather, but he preferred to call it painting. His parents had always been hard on him for wanting to paint, saying how it was a girl's thing and he wouldn't make enough money. But he would find a way, with their support or not.

Recently, a new male had moved into the complex. Jin was immediately captivated by him. Though he usually preferred to work with charcoal, this man had forced a ray of sunshine into his work. He gathered his things and opened the door, ready to go. His new neighbor walked past, sporting a new hairstyle. He had gotten it cut shorter, and dyed black. Black as the night. An idea sparked in his mind and he hastily locked the door behind him as he sped away.

He inserted the key into the lock and quickly turned it, eager to get to work. "In a hurry?" He turned his head sharply. The new guy stood there, hands sheepishly in his pockets. "Uh," His brain froze. "Yeah." He lock came free and he swung it open, almost hitting Hoseok. "Sorry!" He smiled reassuringly. Like the sun. Flashes and splatters of yellow and orange filled his head. "It's okay. See ya later, neighbor!" Jin waved weakly. "Bye." He darted inside and barely removed his shoes before pulling out a paper. He started with something easy, a sketch in black.

 He glanced at the plastic bag sitting innocently on the table. Careful not to smudge his work, he reached over and opened it, pulling out the watercolors. He filled a cup with water and got to work.

Wiping his sweaty hands on his pants, he sat back and anxiously waited for the first color to dry. Once he deemed it safe enough, he started on the blue. The brush barely touched the paper before it was pulled away, avoiding making a green color. 

He sat back. It was finished. He signed the bottom as he always did, and left it on the table to make a cup of tea. A knock sounded from the doorway. He opened it to find Mr. Sunshine himself. "Hey..." He brushed his foot awkwardly over the gaudy hallway carpet. "I was just wondering if I could borrow a pen. Or just something to write with?"

"Of course." He stepped back to allow the other to enter. "I'm Hoseok, by the way."

"Jin." He leads the way into the kitchen and fished through a drawer for a pen. He pulled out a blue one. "Here you-" He turned to see Hoseok studying the painting. "This is really good!" He looked up at Jin's shocked expression. He immediately stepped back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snoop. Do you paint often."

"Yeah." He handed over the pen and took the painting off the table and slid it into a drawer to be forgotten. "Sorry again." Jin waved it off.

"It's fine." Hoseok left the apartment and vowed to never look through someone's things again.

The next month went similar to this. Short, awkward meetings and beautiful paintings. Strong feelings and strange greetings. Until Jin left one of his paintings out again, he should really learn to start putting things away. "I knew you painted, but I didn't know you were this good!" Taehyung lifted the paper into the light, showing the bright colors. "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"You should! Shame on your parents for not supporting you. I bet you could sell this for a fortune."

"I couldn't it's of my neighbor. It'd be weird if he visits someone's house and sees a painting of his face on the wall."

"Well, you could just ask if you could sell them. I'm sure he'd say yes."

"What makes you think that?"

"My roommate is good friends with your sunshine boy. He's a good person and would want you to share your talent."

"I guess."

"Ask! Next time you see him, you have to ask."

"Fine, I will. But if this goes wrong, you owe me!"

"Of course, Jin."

"It's hyung to you!!"

"Yeah, yeah. I got it!" He leaves the apartment before Jin could lay a finger on him. Should I really ask? His gut told him, yes, but everything else said no. Too much could go wrong. But he might as well do it anyway.

Jin watched through the peephole as he waited for Hoseok to get home. He always arrived after 4, and Jin wanted to ask him. He saw the warped image of Hoseok walking by and ripped open the door. The other jumped back, startled. Jin looked down sheepishly. "Sorry."

"No. It's okay." He got back on track and was ready to go home, but Jin stopped him.

"Could I actually talk to you for a minute?"

"Uh, yeah," He looked at his front door. "Can I just feed my cat first?" Jin's eyes widened.

"You have a cat?!?! The owner doesn't allow pets!"

"I know," he winked. "So you'll have to keep it a secret. Come on, you can meet her." Jin closed his door and followed Hoseok, still in his socks. The door opened and they both sneaked in, careful not to let the feline escape. A young Siamese twirled around Hoseok's feet. "This is Ye-jin. She doesn't usually like strangers." Jin sat criss-cross on the floor as Hoseok prepared her food. "Hi, baby." He reached his arms out and the cat leaned into his open hand. Jin carefully scooped her up and cuddled her in his lap. Hoseok came back from the kitchen with a small bowl of wet food. "I'm surprised she let you pick her up. She doesn't even let me do that." He set down the bowl and Ye-jin leaped toward it as if she was starving.

Jin set his elbows on the ground and rested his head in his hands as he watched the cat lap at the food. "Aww! She's so cute!" Hoseok chuckled lightly.

"I'm guessing you're a cat person, then?" Jin shrugged.

"I'm an all pet person. I've always wanted one but my parents never let me." He pouted slightly. Hoseok sat down next to him. 

"Well, then we can share her."

"Really?!?!" He sat up.

"Yeah. You're the first person, other than me, she's really liked since I got her." Jin gazed back at the cat, silently thanking her for liking him. "So what did you have to tell me?"

"Well, I kind of have to show you something, as well. But... my friends said I should ask first."

"Ask what?"

"Well, you know that drawing you saw one time?"

"Yeah! You're super talented!" Jin blushed slightly.

"Thanks... Anyway, I may have- made more of them??? I know it's weird but your hair and color and I just couldn't-"

"It's okay. I get it," he smirked just a little. "I'm your inspiration, huh?" Jin blushed again and shrugged.

"I guess so. Anyway, things haven't been exactly going well... and my friends sort of said I should sell them."

"Okay... well, why do you have to ask me?"

"He said something about you seeing your own face on someone's wall when you go to visit." Hoseok laughed loudly. "Yah! Don't laugh at me!" He quickly sobered up.

"I'm sorry. But it's your work. You should be able to do whatever you want with it. I don't mind."

"It might be my work, but it's your face." They both laughed so loud the neighbors complained.

"Could I see them, before you sell them, I mean." Without thinking, Jin nodded.

"Of course," he stood up. "I'll show you now." Hoseok followed Jin to his apartment. Luckily, there was a spare key hidden under the mat so they weren't locked out. Jin went into the 'forgotten drawer' and pulled out a thick stack of papers. The pile peaked a strange sense of curiosity in Hoseok. He either really likes to draw or is really obsessed with me. Jin nervously hands them over and watches as Hoseok leafs through them. 

yeah so the rest didn't saveeeeee I'm too lazy to rewrite it so sorry