Best Friends? Or More? (jihope)

Edited~

It took forever. But he finally did it. J-hope confessed.

"I like you- like really really a lot like you. You're my best friend. I'm just not sure I actually like you as you want." Hoseok tucked his hands in his pockets and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry... is that a polite no, or genuinely not sure?" Jimin smiled sheepishly.

"Genuinely not sure. Sometimes I think I do, but then- I'm not sure. I don't know." He probably doesn't want to hear me ramble after he just confessed!

"Maybe we should kiss to find out. If there are sparks, cool. If not, no harm done?"

"Really? I've never..." Hoseok smiled gently.

"It's okay if you don't want to."

"No, I do." J-hope took a step forward and cupped Jimin's cheek. He could read the nervousness clearly on his face, so he slid an arm around his waist and rubbed small circles into the younger's lower back. Hoseok swooped down and captured Jimin's lips, taking the lead.

They separated reluctantly. Jimin dropped his hands from their place on the older's chest and looked to his shoes, his cheeks tinted rose. He already knew the answer but asked anyway. "Anything?" Jimin nodded shyly. Hoseok smiled wide and hugged the younger. Jimin was surprised but hugged back.

 "Be my boyfriend?" Jimin nodded. 

"I'm pretty sure your vocal cords are still working..."

"Yes."