Roommates (2seok)

Edited~

in honor of a story, I wrote but wattpad didn't save it. *cries* it was over 6,000 words

"I will agree to pay for everything, but I don't want you living alone. And I have to meet him before you move in. I want to make sure they're suitable to live with my Jinnie Bear."

"Fine, Appa."

"Good. Now go. You're going to be late." Jin grabs his work bag and rushes out the door, speeding to work. 

"How am I supposed to find a roommate? I can't just go around asking strangers if they want to live with me!" He grabs the coffee beans and pours them into the machine to be ground.

"Well, you could. That's how I found Namjoon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I just asked around and he said he was able to move in."

"Huh."

"Go ask, there aren't many people here to embarrass yourself in front of anyway."

"I don't know. Maybe I should just put up a poster or something."

"And wait for a 50-year-old grandpa to call you? Nuh-uh, go." Jimin pushes Jin out from behind the counter towards the customers. "I can't."

"Ugh stop being an antisocial butt head." He grabs Jin's arm and drags him over to a table. A handsome, fluffy-haired man sits alone, playing on his phone with a white mug of coffee in front of him. 

"Excuse me?" The man looks up. 

"My friend's here," he gestures to Jin who is half hiding behind Jimin. "Is looking for a roommate." He looks surprised and sets his phone face down on the table. "Really?" He tilts his head to try and get a better look at Jin. Jimin pulls him forward and holds him by the shoulders. Jin is a bushing mess. 

"Me too." Jin looks up, surprised. Jimin smiles and takes Jin's phone out of his pocket and slides it on the table.

 "Great. Now you two exchange numbers and get to know each other. I'm going back to work before I get fired." Jimin leaves. 

"But-" Jin sighs when he sees Jimin isn't coming back. "Sorry about him."

"Nah, it's okay. Here's your phone."

"Thanks. I should probably get to work before I get in trouble."

"Wait a minute." He nudges a chair with his foot. "Sit." Jin nervously sits, his knee bouncing under the table. "Why are you looking for a roommate? You look capable enough."

"My dad won't let me move out if I don't get one." He nods in understanding.

"Do you have a place picked out?"

"He wants me to move into the condos across the street."

"Across the street! Those are hella expensive. No offense, but I don't think you make enough money here to pay even half the cost." Jin laughs softly.

"I don't make anywhere near enough. But if everything goes well, my dad said he would pay for everything."

"Everything?!?"

"Yeah. He owns his own restaurant. And he used to be an idol so he has a lot of income."

"Damn." Jin nods awkwardly. The man picks up his phone and passes it to Jin, the contacts app open. He awkwardly takes it and puts in his number. As he is handing the phone back, the coffee shops manager stops at their table.