Chapter 22: Facing Challenges

Rosemary reflected as she rode towards the castle. In the beginning White Witches had been ejected from Glitz after Ethel took the Queen's place. The ancient stone Ethel used was meant keep out all White Witches so they couldn't get into the castle.

Glitz is the biggest Kingdom so by ejecting White Witches and banning magic meant Good Blue Witches also moved and Black Witches expanded. Black Witches thrive on greed so soon many found work causing more trouble and getting paid well.

The King had no idea of the switch up of his Queen but he is very money hungry. So Rosemary knew if she stole the Princess to take to another castle still working with Good Witches she could convince her son to give up the ancient stone. Princess Mitilda's family paid alot of money to him to betrothe his son Casper to their daughter. So the marriage has to happen for the King to get paid. Like Rosemary expected, the King decided to give up the stone despite Ethel's protests.

Casper was supposed to get healed but the birth of Mark put it on hold. And after the ejection of witches Casper never recieved help. Ethel knew Casper and Beth would know she wasn't their mother. But Mark wouldn't. So Ethel took away Casper's rights and made sure to spoil Mark to such an extent that his siblings ignored him out of anger.

The castle refused to send Princess Matilda with Prince Mark unless he brought a Good Witch. Ethel had no choice but to select a witch to go. Rose and Brent had made a business recovering so it was only a matter of time before Ethel selected them.

Princess Mitilda was supposed to be provided with a necklace that would stop a Black Witch from touching her. But the hand maidens somehow let Rose pass.

Rosemary sighed. She knew Emerald very well. She was a Good Witch. White Witches are always sought out for marriage by Royals, Lords, government officials or welloff merchants. But when Emerald fell in love with Herbert's common brother things went awry.

Rosemary felt bad about Emerald's twins but not so bad to watch her grandson throw away his title for Rose. Mark was still a Prince. He couldn't marry an ex dancer.

Rose had helped them a lot in uncovering the truth. Rosemary knew Rose was owed freedom from the Black Magic. But Rosemary couldn't let her have the Prince. Rosemary would have to make sure it didn't happen. She just wasn't sure how yet.

As the castle came in view the pack made their way to a meeting hall where other Good officials met them from surrounding castles. They were prepared to fight the Black Magic.

Soon the plans were discussed. Word had been delivered that Beth and Casper were in the dungeon for aiding the Witch Whore and the Gay Man in the "kidnapping" of Prince Mark.

So there would be a riot control group, a take down Ethel group and a dungeon saving group. Rosemary as the former Queen still had the ability to rule. So naturally she sorted the groups. She had decided Rose would stay with her and that Mark would work in another group to keep them separate. Rose looked very concerned and she immediately whispered to Mark.

But Rosemary was prepared. The couple approached her as she spoke to a King and his children. Before Mark could argue she introduced him to the King and the King's petite pretty blonde hair , brown eyed daughter,
"Ah, my Grandson. I was just talking to King Lloyd about you. This is Princess Francine, your original betrothed!"

Francine curtsyed like a perfect lady. She was dressed amatyically. Rosemary continued,
"Princess Francine was nervous about the task to save your siblings but I assured her that you would ensure her protection. Why don't you both join the rest of your group?

Rose, come with me."

As on cue Princess Francine grabbed Mark's arm and guided him off. Mark yelled to Rose,
"We will talk after Rose. Don't worry."